• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New faces as Alberta Beef Producer delegates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New faces as Alberta Beef Producer delegates

Official counting of the ballots took place at 8 a.m. Tuesday, Nov. 13. Only Zones five and six had elections, with the remaining seven zones electing delegates by acclamation. Elections took place during the 33 Alberta Beef Producer meetings held across Alberta in October and November.

Below is a list of all the delegates. When “SD” is written behind the name, it means the person is a sitting delegate and is finishing a two-year term and was not up for election this year.

Results by Zone

Zone One:

John De Groot – Vauxhall
    Gerald Maser – Manyberries
    Bruce Niznik – Brooks
    Howard Bekkering – Vauxhall
    Mark Francis (SD) – Taber
    Gerry Fowlie (SD) – Bindloss
    Max Tateson (SD) – Tilley
    Chuck MacLean (SD)– Bow Island

Zone Two:

Judy Nelson – Lundbreck
    Anne Stevick – Pincher Creek
    Leighton Kolk – Iron Springs
    Rick Burton – Claresholm
    Cecilie Fleming (SD) – Granum
    Brent Carey (SD) – Stavely
    Joe Groenenboom (SD) – Coalhurst
    John Schooten (SD) – Monarch

Zone Three:

Brian Edge – Cochrane
    Joanne Fenton – Bottrel
    Larry Gano – Cremona
    Chuck Groeneveld – Okotoks
    Stuart Thiessen – Strathmore
    Sara Arthurs (SD) – Didsbury
    Erik Butters (SD) – Cochrane
    Gordy Cunningham (SD) – Sundre
    Lorne Petersen (SD)- Olds

Zone Four:

Margaret Kvigstad – Metiskow
    Frank Murphy – Altario
    Walter Suntjens – Coronation
    Carol Wilson – Killam
    Pat Rutledge (SD) – Monitor
    Judy Fenton (SD) – Irma
    Brad Pierson (SD) – Wardlow
    Keith Almberg (SD)- Amisk

Zone Five:

Warren Beck – Delburne
    Doug Sawyer – Pine Lake
    Rob Somerville – Endiang
    Rose Wymenga – Leslieville
    Millie Boake (SD) – Rocky Mountain House
    Blake Chapman (SD) – Stettler
    Cathy Sharp (SD) – Lacombe
    Charles Christie (SD)- Trochu

Zone Six:

Kevin Boon – Tomahawk
    Shelley Grundberg – Camrose
    Randy Kaiser – Ponoka
    Adam Moseson – Ferintosh
    Roy Eckert (SD) – New Sarepta
    Greg Bowie (SD) – Ponoka
    Diane Panrucker (SD) – Bluffton
    Dave Solverson (SD)- Camrose

Zone Seven:

Harvey Hagman – Mayerthorpe
    Peter Lazowski – Newbrook
    Chad Meunier – Barrhead
    Ben Schrader – Jarvie
    Mike Cook (SD) – Dapp
    Richard McKnight (SD) – Jarvie
    Kelly Olson (SD) – Athabasca
    John Lawton (SD) – Niton

Zone Eight:

Brian Chomlak – Beauvalion
    Edward Doktor – Vilna
    Darcy Eddleston – McLaughlin
    Bill Fox – Elk Point
    Stephen Jarema (SD) – Smoky Lake
    Soren Odegard (SD) – Willingdon
    Gordon Graves (SD) – Iron River
    Ron Bobocel (SD) - Vilna

Zone Nine:

Janys Boyte - Peace Country
    Pat Eaton – Valleyview
    Joyce Scobey (SD) – Nampa
    Garry Gurtler (SD) – North Star
    Donna Noullett (SD) – Valleyview
    Travis Toews (SD) – Beaverlodge
    Greg Nichiparik (SD) - Hotchkiss
    Bruce Jack (SD) – Spirit River

Congratulations to Rkaiser in Zone 6. You may end up as Zone director and sitting at the ABP Board table. I see other names who are or were frequent Agriville posters are ABP delegates in Zone 6 as well. Well done.

Comment

Congratulations must go out to some other Agriville posters who's names also appear on the list.

A little disappointed this morning that not one of these many folks who are on this list will appear at a very important round table discussion meeting being held today at the Provincial Ag Ministers office. 4 other groups were invited to attend and four other groups will appear including Western Stock Growers, Alberta Cattle Feeders Association, the Feeder Associations of Alberta and Beef Initiative Group Canada. This is the second in a series of round table meetings called to find some serious solutions to the problems facing the industry.

ABP is holding board meetings of their own but seem to not even be able to offer a staff member or one of these many delegates to attend or, at the very least, observe the meeting called by the Minister of Agriculture. Sorry to have to say it, but I think it is appalling.

I guess I could grab an extra hat and run around from one side of the table to the other as Cam and I will be attending on behalf of the BIG C organisation.

Comment

It's a disgrace that ABP are too busy running their own little empire to attend this meeting and actually do their job of representing producers. It's a bigger disgrace that organisations like the NFU are not even invited. They have plenty ideas about the crisis we are suffering and have a lot to contribute. Sadly the state of democracy in Alberta is so bad that anyone not agreeing with the Government position isn't even invited to the table - and no-one blinks an eyelid. Not beef producers, not the media not the public at large. A sorry state of affairs.

Congratulations on your election Randy, I'm pleased to see the voters of zone 6 chose to vote against the arrogant face of ABP.

Comment

Good for you Randy, I supported both you and Kevin and am glad to see both of you representing our zone. I have a hunch that some of the meetings at ABP may be a bit livelier than before !!!

Comment

Gotta back down a bit this evening. The Vice Chairman of ABP showed up for the meeting ---- a little less prepared than the rest of the gangsters but it was good to see him there.

Very happy with our Ag minister for initiating these meetings which I see as productive and necessary. Not much to report for any of those hoping for a quick fix, but I would have to say a consensus today on where we need to head in if this industry is to survive long term.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...