• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Royalties

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Royalties

I sure miss cowman, he would have gotten this started earlier.
    What do you think? Are we getting screwed by big oil?
    If the patch slows/crashes what happens next? I finished school in the mid 80's and found a job, I couldnt buy a 50,000 pickup like the 3 19 year old kids I work with but it was a decent job.
    If the patch slows will all the new albertans go home? Leaving cheaper housing, fewer social problems?
    Meth and coke prices will collapse because the oilpatch workers are unemployed and without drug testing they will go back to smoking pot (I class pot as a recreational drug but it stays in your system 30 days vs 3-5 for coke so my rig buddies go for the hard stuff)
    Does anybody know how the royalties compare in alberta to saskatchewan and BC?
    I am a grain farmer/oilfied worker. I dont want to see oilfield crash but if it slows down into a more sustainable growth I dont think it would be a bad thing. My family has been farming here since before the oilfield and I hope my boys farm here after its all over.
    I am going to have another beer and google royalties some more.

Almost forgot
    Screw the CWB

I live in a resource based community, and it seems that the resource companies have begun a real slow down. Now, this is already having an effect on the economy here, because the folks that are paid by the hour aren't working. Of course the salaried individuals in the fancy towers in Calgary are still collecting their paychecks and not worried YET about where the next meal is coming from.

In listening to the Premier's speech in Red Deer on Thursday evening, it sounds as though he understands the impact of raising royalties too high, but I do hope we can at least collect the back royalties that are owing, and increase them on a sliding scale on Oilsands development for one thing. The older and lower producing wells, will likely see a reduction in royalties, which should keep the service sector working.
    I am hoping this slow down gives people a wake up call which might see them living within their means vs extending themselves deeper in debt to live the high life like so many have chosen to do.

Comment

coppertop: In our area the "slowdown" is mostly from the fact that 3/4 of the pool under us is GONE...used up...not to return...kaput, and what is left is more costly to produce. If it wasn't for the current high crude prices, most of the wells around here would be shut down permanently.

Under Ralph and his gang huge quantities of expensively produced tarsands oil are committed for export at giveaway prices and QUANTITIES. When you read of figures like 800,000 barrels a day exports (they want to triple this), it boggles the mind. By not getting our fair share of royalties under the present scheme, WE are paying for their capital equipment AND costs...no doubt about it. Nice deal if you can GET AWAY WITH IT.

Don't you wish that someone would pay for your capital costs? After all, if you are farming you are gambling and risking your investment as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...