• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grazing corn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grazing corn

In driving past my grazing corn today and noticing it's nice and dead. I was wondering has anyone harvested it with their combine and saved the seed?

I never paid a separate TUA I was told it'priced into the Bag. And I don't intend to sell to anybody ever just grow my own seed. I realize I would loose hybrid vigor but I'm not even sure if I grew a hybrid all I know is that it's a roundup variety

Has anybody any experience, personal or second hand
    thanks

If you grew a RR variety you grew a hybrid. Probably not technically legal to save it but you'd lose so much on the hybrid vigour lost I can't imagine anyone would ever prosecute someone for trying to pull a fast one by saving corn seed, unlike canola or soybeans. The big M would probably get a good laugh out of it.

Comment

I was thinking about that, but it's not like I'm pouring the inputs to it under intense management. As far as yield we have about two cobs/plant most of it grew about 8 ft high. on newly broken ground that's been in pasture for about 10 years then the foxtail took over.
      Although I have never tried to really push the yields on the forage varieties and don't know the capabilities.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...