• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grazing corn

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grazing corn

In driving past my grazing corn today and noticing it's nice and dead. I was wondering has anyone harvested it with their combine and saved the seed?

I never paid a separate TUA I was told it'priced into the Bag. And I don't intend to sell to anybody ever just grow my own seed. I realize I would loose hybrid vigor but I'm not even sure if I grew a hybrid all I know is that it's a roundup variety

Has anybody any experience, personal or second hand
    thanks

If you grew a RR variety you grew a hybrid. Probably not technically legal to save it but you'd lose so much on the hybrid vigour lost I can't imagine anyone would ever prosecute someone for trying to pull a fast one by saving corn seed, unlike canola or soybeans. The big M would probably get a good laugh out of it.

Comment

I was thinking about that, but it's not like I'm pouring the inputs to it under intense management. As far as yield we have about two cobs/plant most of it grew about 8 ft high. on newly broken ground that's been in pasture for about 10 years then the foxtail took over.
      Although I have never tried to really push the yields on the forage varieties and don't know the capabilities.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.