• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top milling wheat $10.88 in England!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top milling wheat $10.88 in England!

Story out of England this morning on how Bread will have to go up since milling wheat is topping $10.88 Canadian a bushel for miller.
    Hm wonder if Warbiton is paying the CWB $10.88.
    We have a PRO of $7.50 well is any one believes that we will achieve that I have lake front property at Fishing Lake for you.
    Just think in a real world we could sell our HRS (that suppose to gets a premium) for even $8.00 so one could pay off their Cash Advance with lets say 5 Semi loads and then have cash for Fertilizer etc. HM just wondering if its all connected.

As you stated in your heading: "TOP" milling wheat. Do you think the CWB can magically sell 13 million tonnes at the top UK milling price? Do you realize the UK is one of the most lucrative export (wheat) markets?

Comment

The CWB? No.

The Private trade? Now that's a different story.

Comment

Maybe not 13 million, but I betcha they'd beat the pants off the board pretty quick if given the chance.

They sure did it in barley.

Comment

Actually Benny Boy I was wrong its $11.51 Canadian for top milling wheat, And you and your CWB friends have said for years how Canada has some of the Best HRS wheat in the world and it gets us a premium. Well Benny where is our premium for years I have grown #1 15 protien and got paid 3.00 to 4.00 a bushel through the CWB and yes their have been other years that Wheat has been higher. All the CWB does is keeps prices low so in turn feed is lower every crop is lower. Well if we had a Subsidy system like the US then that would work but when were dealing on world market I expect to get paid for my product not keep a bunch of buerocrats working.
          And what I also was trying to explain for years the CWB and Warbiton (Englands major Bakery) have had a deal, and what a deal farmers get a .10 premium for their HRS and Warbiton gets a premim of what 3.00 to 4.00 savings a bushel.
          Common guys wake up and smell the roses this organization has been screwing western Canada farmers for way to long.
          And yes one guy in a computer at a Regina company and a Phone maybe a plain ticket once could seal the deal.
          Welcome to 2007. Benny boy not 1934.

Comment

Isn't it amazing how suddenly the story changes and we now supposedly don't have the highest quality wheat in the world.

Walking contradictions these single(buyers)deskers.

Comment

Saskfarmer:
              Warburton's, and for that mattter the entire UK only needs 300,000-350,000 tonnes of high quality, 13.0-5 protein wheat on an annual basis (see Stat Can's export stats).

Where should we sell the other 12,700,000 tonnes at $11.00/bu?

By the way, what is the cost of UAN and MAP between the USA and SK border these days? Why are these products cheaper in the USA??? Blame the CWB for this too?

Comment

Boy you sure got us there Benny.

Nobody else in the world buys wheat at higher than wheat board prices except the brits.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.