• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Pro Bono" obligation of the CWB to the domestic grain consumer!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Pro Bono" obligation of the CWB to the domestic grain consumer!

Dear Tower;

You expressed clear objection to my assertion that the CWB keep wheat and barley prices down.

I was accosted by the "Honourable" Eugene Whelan, in 1998, after the Senate Hearing in Edmonton after my presentation to the Senate of Canada there. He came across the floor of the hotel lobby after the presentations... got right in my face a foot away... and proclaimed: "Mr. Jackson, you are going to end up in jail." I had dared to expose this very scheme... and Whelan was as mad as a hornet.

Mr. John Prentice of the CCA (Canadian Cattlemens Association had just presented this statement, for the record: "The present Canadian Wheat Board directors are appointed by the government to act pro bono in the public good. In effect this includes running a national feed grain policy through the maintenance of a minimum carry out of barley at the end of each crop year, and the figure is used of around 2 million tonnes. That is good in terms of looking after the domestic industry, the domestic users."

Ask ANYONE what my automatic response is to, this day; what I will tell them, when asked how I am. The response is these words: "Well; I am not in Jail YET."

At the wind up of CCA John Prentice's conclusion, he said these words:

"In conclusion, Bill C-4 sets up a situation where the proposed Board would have the motive, the tools, and the opportunity to cause damage to the industries adding value to grain on the prairies. Remove the opportunity. Keep the Canadian Wheat Board and the open market system separate. The Canadian Cattlemen's Association strongly recommends that the power to buy cash grain on the open market not be given to the Canadian Wheat Board.

Incidentally on October the 15th last year, the Saskatchewan Wheat Pool leadership made a trip to meet with cabinet ministers in Ottawa, and those were the exact same points that were made, so it is not just us."

To this very day this "pro bono" policy remains in effect, the CWB does not cash buy either wheat or barley and allow the CWB to compete with the open market to extract a premium we need to be prosperous.

I dared to challenge this "Pro Bono" policy of the Canadian Government and the CWB. I was in no uncertain terms told to shut my mouth or land up in jail. I am ready to go to jail to defend my neighbours right to peaceful use of their private property, and to unchain the "Designated Area" grain grower from the slavery that is a yoke around our necks... the CWB.

Honourable Goodale and his Liberal, NDP, and Bloc MP freinds are willing to back "Honourable Whelan", and I am a simple yet obvious example of a person that has been challenged and told in no uncertain terms to accept the terms of CWB Chairman Ritter:

In concluding remarks at the Wilrose Convention January 6 2005 Chairman Ritter said: "I will use a saying by AlCapone... we don't usually talk about the Mafia... but I will use it anyway;

You can get a lot done with a SMILE,

But you sure, can get a lot more done: With a GUN; and a SMILE."

With over 100 people present, it was easy for me to get dozens of witnesses to confirm this is exactly what the CWB Chairman said in his official speech on January 6 2005 at the Wildrose annual convention supper banquet. The CWB Chairman’s speech left us all with a strange final solution for the problems of the CWB in 2005 and beyond, by ending with this confident relaxed message telling us to “Co-operate” with the CWB monopoly and we will do just fine.

The "SMILE" haunts me to this moment... what is a Mafia smile from ear to ear Tower?

Clear enough for you TOWER?

Tom4CWB,
    Can you imagine what the media would have done/said if David Anderson had made this statement?

Parsley

Comment

Your not implying that the wonderfully professional media in our country has a bias, are you?

Comment

Tom4cwb, I expect that you missed these comments I posted in response to one of your questions on an earlier thread. Please have a look at them and let me know where we are differing on this.

posted Aug 20, 2007 10:12
        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        tom4cwb I'll give it a try if you like but it would be a good idea to get a second opinion.

If the board does conciously or subconciously enforce grain farm subsidization of the feed industry I'd have to assume that there would be two main causes of it

; the first is that we as grain farmers elect cattlemen to represent us on the board and can't see the bias put into the system in that way.

; the second would be that sucessive federal conservative and liberal governments have been enamored of the dollars put into the economy through having a large cattle and hog and poultry industry, and so have instructed the board through their appointees to give support to that sector. I don't doubt that the respective feeder associations have succeeded in putting ample lobby pressure on the governments to do this.

At the same time grain growers are divided against each other because we are all fed up with the low prices. As well we will go out and get higher yielding varieties, throw the fertilizer and chemicals to the field in an effort to out produce, well, ourselves basically. I think we should let governments and agribusiness multinationals know that we understand that it's societies bias against the primary producer more than anything else that's hurting the grain growers.

Remember the market assumes that because we are overproducing we can afford to. Therefore it will try to offer less in the honoured tradition of efficiency gains.

Comment

Tower,

Your assumption that we "over produce" tells a big tale.

CWB Director James Chatenay was a great cattle business person, he and his family have given up much to try to correct this injustice.

It is a shame the Liberal judges and poiticians won't follow Canadian Law:

The Canadian Bill of Rights:

An Act for the Recognition and Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms

Preamble
          The Parliament of Canada, affirming that the Canadian Nation is founded upon principles that acknowledge the supremacy of God, the dignity and worth of the human person and the position of the family in a society of free men and free institutions;

Affirming also that men and institutions remain free only when freedom is founded upon respect for moral and spiritual values and the rule of law;

And being desirous of enshrining these principles and the human rights and fundamental freedoms derived from them, in a Bill of Rights which shall reflect the respect of Parliament for its constitutional authority and which shall ensure the protection of these rights and freedoms in Canada:

Therefore Her Majesty, by and with the advice and consent of the Senate and House of Commons of Canada, enacts as follows:

PART I

BILL OF RIGHTS

Recognition and declaration of rights and freedoms
          1. It is hereby recognized and declared that in Canada there have existed and shall continue to exist without discrimination by reason of race, national origin, colour, religion or sex, the following human rights and fundamental freedoms, namely,

(a) the right of the individual to life, liberty, security of the person and enjoyment of property, and the right not to be deprived thereof except by due process of law;

(b) the right of the individual to equality before the law and the protection of the law;

(c) freedom of religion;

(d) freedom of speech;

(e) freedom of assembly and association; and

(f) freedom of the press.

If the Justice in Calgary had respected this law one iota... we would be working with market choice in barley today instead of down hundreds of $$$millions.

But what will you say Tower?

It was done this way so it is right?

How about the fact that CWB DIrectors broke their own Code of conduct to Challenge the barley order in council!

Here are the standards they are supposed to use when making decisions... their Common Law Obligations:

1. The Common Law is based on the Golden Rule, which states;
          Do unto others as you would have done unto you,
          And the Negative Golden Rule, which states;
          Do not do unto others as you would not have others do unto you;

2. The two fundamental principals of common law:
          * Do not infringe upon the Rights, Freedoms or Property of others, and
          * Keep all contracts willingly, knowingly and intentionally

Common law maxims include:
          * That for every wrong there is a remedy,

* The end does not justify the means,

* Fundamental principals cannot be set aside to meet the demands of convenience or to prevent apparent hardship in a particular case,

* Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking the law,

* Two wrongs do not make a right, and

* One can enlarge the rights of the people, however they cannot be taken away without their informed consent.

But who is counting Tower... if you can get away with murder... why not take advantage of your neighbour and take his grain!

Comment

Tom4cwb, I said that I think we are overproducing, or at least that we have been. That appears to be changing in a big way by reports from world food agengies. I said that markets, believing that we are overproducing because we can afford to, try offering less in the name of efficiency. You said that tells a big tale. I think it does but what does it mean to you?

It is my impression that the judge made the ruling because the conservatives were not following the law. Thank you for legalities and ethics lesson. I think it would be great if we could get the multinationals to adhere to those codes as well as the board.

Comment

tower

Just note that you use the word "we" several times (i.e. we are overproducing). Who is we - western Canada, major exporter, the world?

I note that Canada market share both of world crop production and trade is declining. Canada is becoming uncompetitive in world grain markets as reflected by this measure with other emerging exporters replacing us. I guess Canada could become like dairy and poultry and move to supply management but that would be a different discussion and from there have major impact on the CWB.

Comment

tower, tom4cwb is always right. I say again, thank godness for due process. If shouting and pouting were the way to change the law, angriville would have changee it a long time agooooooooooooo. Guess they don't know it all, or have BADDDDD BADDDD POOOOOOR legal advice. Heheheeee!

Comment

Burbert,

On the Legal Advice... what standard do you use to judge between what is right and wrong?

Is it right to covet your neighbours property, take it without permission... did you teach these principals to the next generation that you have/had the power to influence?

Are you saying you agree with stealing from neighbours... and you are proud of it?

Are you further saying that Liberal Judges are correct in allowing you to steal my property?

Is this not also the long and short result of the "Pro Bono" policy of the Canadian Government... take grain from "Designated Area" grain growers at less than true market value... and distribute the confiscated value to others in the Canadian Economy who deserve the wealth more than "Designated Area" grain growers?

You are saying you expect a free ride?

Comment

tom4cwb Who are you to say, who is stealing, coveting whom? We only have your word, that u are a super farmer, who knows it all and knows what is best for all of us poooor fools. In fact you may be a poor farmer, just trying to drag the rest of us into your dream world? Maybe you owe for everything and are on the verge of collapse and are about to try your hand in the politico ring, or trying to become a director of the board. Methinks you would make a good PC candidate, being a good olde boy and all, legend in your own mind.

Comment

Tom4CWB, you said: "CWB Director James Chatenay was a great cattle business person, he and his family have given up much to try to correct this injustice".

What a joke, no successful business person would give up a successful business because he needs to attend a dozen CWB board meetings per year.

He probably is making more money now as a do-nothing CWB director than he ever did TRYING to rasie cattle.

Using the the Access To Information Act, we need to find out what he has accomplished in his tenure.

Also, why is it that a small cattle farmer with 160 acres of crop land can be a CWB director anyways?

Oh well it cant be worst than Bruce Johnson, a director who probably spent more time picking out new designer eye-glass frames and smoking stogies than participating in former SWP board meetings in the 1990's.

Comment

Well at least he doesn't fall asleep at the meetings like old 'Butch' Harder did.

Comment

I like Jim, he went to jail over the right to sell his own grain. That takes moxy. Lots of it.

First night in he wound up in solitary confinement sleeping on a concrete floor with no supper because he cracked a joke at the wrong time.

Jim probably deserves to be around that board table more than anyone else that's there.

Comment

In 2004 no single desker had the courage to even challenge Chatney in District 2.

He won by acclamation!

Comment

It's easy to see why B.H. has to sink down too a drive-by smear. That's all he's got to go with.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...