• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cattle Futures

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cattle Futures

The last two years cattle futures peaked in September. Shoule we expect the same this year?

Heard of a broker yesterday who says he can contract Barley for 3 bucks for January delivery.

Comment

We might see some of this. I think the driving factor for some of it will be the break in drought conditions through some of the US potentially keeping some replacement females at home and off the market, lower placement rates, tempered by the price of corn which has come back a bit but may rally based on less than ideal crop reports in some areas.
      And as always our price here will be driven by the dollar (slipping of late).
      If I was a betting man, I think it will potentially peak a bit later than September (into the 4th quarter).
      Good thing I am not a betting man.

Comment

Futures took a pretty good thumping today- especially the fats... Probably a continued domino effect of GW's policy to bankrupt America-- as many are jerking their money out of every type investment....

Next month will be interesting and I wouldn't bet on anything..

Comment

The last two years we sold some calves in September, and the rest in Feb and March. The September calves penciled out better in hindsight both times.

How this year turns out is anyone's guess.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...