• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35 miles of Bean Trucks... waiting

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35 miles of Bean Trucks... waiting

Kernel;

Are you sure about your Canola forcast?

I picked this up off DTN;

"Meanwhile, there's a 35-mile-long line of trucks outside Brazil's port of Paranagua, waiting to unload soybeans for export. And that's even as loads are being dumped at the rate of nearly seven trucks every two minutes."

There is a huge amount of soybeans down there Kernel...

Makes our Canadian line ups at our elevators look short though...

Can't help it Tom they don't have any bins at home. Apparently this goes on every year down there.

Comment

In Brazil the privately owned Mutum farm is farming 66,717 acres and ownes 412,657 acres. It is not uncommon to walk into a farmers shed and see 40 combines and 6 or 7 cotton harvesters The town of Sinop is 6 years old and has a population of 60,000 people One lumber contractor in this town is capable of clearing 247,100 acres/yr. This land can produce two crops of soybeans and one crop of navy beans a yr. I have a picture with 30 combines harvesting in a row with a dozen planters about 200' behind them. Brazil agriculture is booming!

Comment

The multi-nationals had to go somewhere. They all have us running on the high input treadmill at full speed. My prediction is that in about 10 years the Brazilians will have wished they left their land in grass, as the multinationals will have their margins beaten down to our levels by then

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...