• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GPS DOWN!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GPS DOWN!

All gps systems are down as two old satellites were shut down and two new ones started up.Unless you have a year or newer model your old one has to be upgraded.probably sent away unless its a year old.Probably a long line up as it effects all systems across north america.

Needless to say i had a real fun time spraying this morning and i guess i'll have to steer my combine one more year.

Waas systems only Trimble and Outback, Deere not affected by this from what I was told.

Comment

I have had my Satloc systems reprogrammed already and they work perfectly.

Had to change a few settings in my ez-guide 500 yesterday. Works perfect now.

Comment

Outback & Easy Guide, you can reprogram on line.

Comment

Thank you for posting this. You've saved our operation countless frustrating hours trying to figure out why the GPS is down when we try to spray later this weekend (because these things always happen on a long weekend). Now I've got the firmware update downloaded (Trimble) to the office computer and just have to get the lightbar unit from the tractor and we'll be set.

Last time the GPS went down (weekend again), we marked the field the old-fashioned way (with quad) and continued. GPS problem fixed itself by Monday. Quad marking doesn't work on post-harvest Roundup spraying though.

Anybody know if Trimble (or anyone else) has any sort of mailing list (email or snail mail) you can get on to get notification of upgrades and things like this. I looked at their online newsletter (which you can request in printed form) but it's just marketing blurb. No mention of the WAAS updates in the Spring 2007 issue (and I assume they would have known by then).

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...