• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

oil-patch

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oil-patch

We have a concern in our community and would appreciate comments from anyone who has experience with the oil industry.
    Specifically the issue is methane extraction from the coal underlying our land. The proposal is to drill shallow holes(1000'-1800')and remove the methane. The coal formations have large quantities of water and the proposal would mean that the water would be diposed of on the surface. Question. What does this do to acquifers above the extraction? A report on the radio recently indicated that American experience was a 200' drop in water well levels.I am not sure where the methane production is taking place in the USA. Our wells do not allow for such a drop. Does government have any responsiblitiy for this type of project? Intensive livestock enterprises are required to monitor water consumption for the Environment Dept. but are other industries held accountable? All of western Canada has coal and I believe that all farmers should be aware of the potential implications of this exploration.
    If any American folks read these sites I would hope they can provide some insight into this type of oil activity.
    This project is only in early development stages so we would appreciate any information.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...