• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Horse & Buggy Time Again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Horse & Buggy Time Again

Time to start riding the old horse around like grandpapy did. Price of gas cost me 89.6 yesterday and I saw premium at 95.4. These prices will most certainly put a damper on unnecessary travel and tourism. Even the price of diesel is up and the cost of those vehicles are more anyway.
    With these gas prices we may start to see the "kids" around stealing farm gas like I used to see way back in the seventies.

Our furnace oil was delivered Friday, 10 cents higher than three weeks ago. My wife is at her parents in Northern Ontario now and a quarter tank in her car yesterday was over 30 dollars, not sure the exact price but it was over 90 cents for regular.
    Meanwhile last weekend we had a train derailment about 20 miles from here where 4 or 5 propane cars blew up, I think they said 60 tons of LP on each car and one landed a mile from the tracks.

Comment

Hmmmmm maybe time to make some lemon-aid??? Bio-diesel may work now eh??

Check www.biodiesel.org

Comment

Biodiesel may be a good idea. I learned the other day that Mr. Diesel, the inventor of the Diesel engine, actually built the thing to run on vegetable oil. The petroleum industry took it over and made sure we used that nice stinky stuff of theirs. Researchers run vehicles on used vegetable oil from fast food restaurants and all you smell is the smell of French fries.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...