• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Alberta Crop Insurance Programs

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Alberta Crop Insurance Programs

Tried to raise this question before but not a lot of response (except Tom4cwb) so will try again.

Have you had a chance to look at the new Alberta Financial Services Corporation crop insurance programs (variable pricing benefit, spring price endorsement, revenue insurance)?

What are your expectations in a risk management sense from crop insurance programs?

Do these programs meet these criteria?

Charliep: Crop insurance can't give me any numbers yet. Next week maybe they are pretty busy right now with forage and pasture sign up.

Comment

The forage insurance program falls short of achieving realistic coverage in dollar values for commercial growers with specialized markets which require premium hay.

I would like to hear from other commercial growers.

Comment

Charlie
        In addition to my previous comment I would add, I do think the changes to the program overall look good for the producers that may need to source feed.
        It doesn't offer our operation enough coverage to justify our participation.
        It seems like the more specilized farming systems fall through the oversights in the programs.

VPB ? for commercial producers growing cubing or export hay? The price of this Alfalfa, Timothy or premium quality hay cannot be established using the price of barley.I have not seen anyone cube barley or take barley instead of hay for an order.
        For the commercial forage grower with markets other than Cows the program needs more work to be usefull.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...