• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All the New Regulations

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the New Regulations

Just wondering what everyone out there thought of all the new regulations that the powers to be are trying to direct our way in the hog industry. Being a small producer I am a little concerned about the direction we seem to be headed. First its the CQA, which in principle I agree with. Now we are hearing about animal wealth fare audits, new drug use regulations, now latest is the CODEX Animal Feeding "regulations" for the mixing and preparation of livestock feeds. OH, lets not forget the nutrient manage plans, the GST rebates, farm fuel rebates (if in Sask), plus all the other things that I have forgotten. Considering that I don't need right now to have hired help, how do we find time to do the paperwork while still spending enough time to do the productions things. Lets hear your thoughts about this.

Lilac-hill

I was at a recent meeting where a senior John Deere manager was discussing a major shift in agricultural commodity production. He called it manufacturing conversion. In short is means commodity agriculture is adopting manufacturing practices.

All the paperwork you have mentioned is a part of that process and in some respect it may be "ag's turn". Documentation is the key.
    Graham

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.