• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New agriculture policy stinks BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New agriculture policy stinks BIGTIME!!!!!!!!!!!

Well my old buddy Vanclief has done it again, why would I be surprised. His new and supposedly visionary agriculture policy has in effect gave us even less protection and will cost us more. I can hardly believe that even he can stand up and righteous proclaim its many virtues when in effect he is doing his best to screw the whole agriculture industry in this country, all in the name of saving money for the federal treasury. He has the gall to come out and blackmail the provinces to agree or they won't get nothing. What a joke? I wonder if all other departments will operate the same way? I wonder how much Bombardier will have to pay in a premium next year to get their next couple of billion dollars of federal aid. I wonder if all federal civil servants and politicians will take a freeze in pay and benefits for the next five years. Not very likely, once again the farmer is the only one in this country that is supposed to become more efficient and produce more with less and comply with all the new government regulations. And we wonder why civil wars are fought!!! I will do my best to live long enough to see Vanclief exposed for what he really is a bungling idiot with a title.

To insult to injury the new safey net package that was presented to the provinces was based off of numbers that was fixed to make it look better than it actually is,and the provinces bought it. The farm organizations working on this are appalled. What I really can't understand is why are the beuruecrats doing this? Why mislead the whole country? The real interesting thing is I think everybody has had enough from the farm side & maybe it's time to push away from the table.
    Why do this to your country why lie,why try to mislead? To get votes? I don't think the reverse physcology is going to work and meanwhile

Comment

I think most of these policies are made up of people that only know what is written on a piece of paper in front of them. They have no real idea of what we need. Some computer told them it would work and so in their opinion it will.

There is a big difference between what could work and what will work. My farm has seen expansion and downsizing. What works one year blows up in your face the next year or everybody elso does it and then there is no longer a profit.

I am starting to really believe that no matter what we do, the farm has to see to many changes down the road to stay.

For years the government and big business told us if we wanted to stay farming we would have to diversify. Farmers all over started everything from growing pulse crops to herbs. We started raising different types of animals such as buffalo and deer. Now look what is happening to some of these ventures. Now they tell us to intensify.

All the while we the farmer are to absorb more costs and more regulations.

SHAME ON US FOR EVER THINKING THE CONSUMER SHOULD PAY MORE!!!!

Governments better do something before there is none of us left to feed them. I doubt they ever will, they know where there votes and contributions come from!

Comment

The mad cow crisis is a glaring example of how the new ag policy is truly despicable. To have to even quibble about coming forth with emergency funding to help the livestock industry through this disaster is unbelievable!!!!! The prime minister is scared to set a precadent. Good grief the industry is on the verge of collapse and the prime minister has to think about some way that the government can save money. The agriculture minister is no better and if they were honourable men they would both resign. I don't know what farmers can do do get through to these bunch of idiots but something has to be done and done fast before it is too late.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.