• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA and the UN

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USA and the UN

Recently I began pondering what could happen if the United nation decided to sanction the USA. From my understanding the UN was formed to prevent the aggressive tendencies of superior forces on those nations that are un able to defend themselves. Now I do not belive that the Iraqi's are totally saints, far from it. .

I think George W has too many oil executives trying to get their hands on cheap oil reserves at the US governments expense. That said lets ponder what would happen if suddenly our biggest trading partner suddenly could not do business with us. What would we do with all our beef,pork, grain and other surplus commodities? Are we prepared in the event that this unthinkable happens? I do not think our government could cope with the onslaught of compensation that would be required. Should we be doing something as an industry to some how mitigate the risk? This would be a catrosphe for all Canadian indusrty and I suspect than rather than loose our biggest trading partner that we would snuff the world order and become that much closer to becoming another state in the union.

Oil and or Oil Company executives have very little to do with the problems with Irag. Irag oil is developed amd produced by Companies from France and Russia. In France and Russia, the Oil Companies are controlled by their respective Governments. If the USA did overrun Iraq,the oil would still be controlled by Russia and France. In fact today, the only way USA gets oil from Iraq is through Russia. The Russian and French Pay Saddam directly for Oil that is produced--something like a Royalty.
    Yes, I do believe that we Canadians would be better off with a USA style of government rather than what we have now-a country run by a dictator who has an EGO larger than the Country he rules.Our dictator has more power than the President of the USA. Heck, we don't even elect him-his party choses him and then he tells who we elect what to do. Kinda sounds like Saddam doesn't it.

Comment

I agree. I think our prime minister has to much control and really does not want (nor care to)to know what is really going on in the country. He is to busy trying to find ways not to give back money to the consumer. He must insure he gets hids pension, in full. We are simply to complaycent as Canadians. Everyone seems to be afraid to open their mouths.

Comment

in early December I attended a brain storm session with twenty farmers and three government officials. The meeting was supposed to be about information trabsfer. After two hours of alot of good ideas being shut down by big brother I began to realize that this meeting had nothing to do with information transfer and that the real reason was for these upper level over paid beaucrats to find a way to justify their jobs for another three years. That said. I think that the elected officials in Canada are only the small part of the problem in Canada today. Once they are replayed the next MP's look to the heads of their respective ministries for suggestions on what needs to be done. These people are detached from reality and could care less if thier policies affect someone else. After all they cannot be held accountable for doing their job. How long can the 10% or 15% of Canadians that actually do produce something can support the dead weight on their shoulders? We need to make civil servants more accountable. You say nothing will get done in the government, What's wrong with that? How about a maximum wage as a relation to minimum wage in Canada?

Comment

Perhaps all of us farmers have to become more involved in the political process and way more involved in the process of choosing who runs in our respective constituencies. I am sure that the eastern urban involvement in the political process is low--they only come out to vote. With more involvement comes more opportunity to change. We would then have more control of who becomes a civil servant with these nice jobs and pensions--perhaps even get some broke farmers into these positions. Scary to think of how the country would change and how long it would take the eastern population mass to catch on to what is really going on. They might even began to like a fair and thoughtful government.
          Change will happen real slow in our country because this large ship of ours has no power steering and the ships crew all wear blinders.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...