• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nitrates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nitrates

so I have some greenfeed that is on the older side, could not cut it because fields too wet the stuff I did cut some is in water. But the standing stuff now had some frost, how concerned should I be about nitrates and is it better to leave it standing or try swath it quickly in the mud.
    This year just keeps on giving.

Was plus one again here, but no frost on anything like it was yesterday morning.

Comment

NW Weyburn frost on vehicles and on plants. Temp showing 2c

Comment

white here this mornin , NE, missed it yesterday

Comment

A bit of frost on the house roof and and on the truck roof. Probably lighter frost on the ground, I would think the ground would give off more heat for longer.

Comment

Frost on roof in city and on grass all way to valley early this morning at sunrise.

Comment

Ground white here this morning, 2nd day in a row. Northeast. Only 74 days this grosing season without some degree of frost this year. June 18 was minus 1 and also had a light frost Aug 23/24, grass was crispy.

Comment

My math was off, 66 days without frost.

Comment

No frost here... growing season and mosquitoes continues!

Comment

Garden all deads, two nights here just at zero, bet the weeds/mosquitos are fine though.

Comment

If it was a light frost, probably OK to leave it. It will start to grow again and metabolize the nitrates. If it is a harder frost it is usually best to get it cut ASAP. Generally if it is standing in water it will have greater frost tolerance/protection so you might wind up patchwork quilt cutting it.
                      For sure get a nitrate test in addition to regular feed testing.

Comment

Went for pre hunt drive again tonight - frost damage on standing canola showed up huge today just 8 miles east - not sure if I have ever seen it that bad. Even forgot to look for moose - I was stunned.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.