• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

price insurance

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

price insurance

So with the way the stock markets are bouncing around lately, what are everyone's thoughts on price insurance this fall? Our calves won't go until after year end, so we'd be looking at feeder insurance rather than calf. Today it will cost 2.43/hundred to cover $1.90 in Manitoba.

That's for Feb 15. I wonder if the volatility will affect cattle markets.

Comment

Might be a good idea for you. I have no faith in the insurance programs when they are really needed - they will crash. With the exchange on our dollar, if calves go below $2 (less than $1.50 US), get ready for the flood of older guys heading for the door. Coincidentally, had one old fellow say to me this morning that he really isn't interested in having cows anymore if he can't get at least $2/lb for his calves or yearlings.

Comment

I see kato some Feb delivery 660 wt str calves sold for 2050 on the TEAM...maybe something to think about.

Comment

Get those calves priced asap Kato. Forget the insurance program at 1.90

Comment

How do you price calves? Just wondering. We have never done it. Not something that's commonly done where we are. In Manitoba you either sell them or don't. Any time we've asked the buyers about this we are told that we don't have enough calves to do it. We have over a hundred as a rule, so I'm not sure what they think is enough.

Comment

Ultra sounded heifers on Friday and sold opens today, eight plus weight girls brought 21 plus, think our insurance was just that!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.