• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what will repeal of cool mean to the canadian cattle industry?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what will repeal of cool mean to the canadian cattle industry?

I am not in the cattle business but family has been for years.

Over a few beers on the weekend we discussed and consensus was that this might not have much positive price impact for Canadian ranchers.

Any other perspectives?

For the moment, the dollar will probably have a bigger impact. I just read a news story that predicts 55 to 65 cents U.S.

Over the long haul though, things can change, as we all know, and having it gone is the best thing. The hog people have been hurt by all this too, and I'm pretty sure they will be happy to see the end of it.

Comment

"positive price impact for Canadian ranchers"

I think if COOL is repealed there should be price parity. With our low dollar that could mean more.

One question I have - with increased tariffs on US goods (if it actually ever gets to that point), do the extra $$$ go into general revenue or return to the cattle/hog industries? Indirectly or otherwise?

Comment

Actually we have already achieved or exceeded parity with the US on many types of feeder cattle and finished cattle as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.