• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers Requirements

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Customers Requirements

From Western Producer on line report from MCGA meeting Cargills Canada in Brandon

But the major processors and restaurant chains will not adopt canola oil if supply is in doubt, Hawkins said. They want guaranteed supply or none at all.

There is core demand for about eight million acres of canola from the Prairies, and more can easily be sold into the bulk commodity market. But new buyers will be scared of incorporating canola until its acreage here is bigger and more dependable.

"We have to get a mature industry in Western Canada for canola production that virtually guarantees that farmers will at least plant a minimum of 12-13 million acres a year."

Hawkins hopes a new, long-term contract system will keep farmers growing canola consistently, not jumping in and out of the market based on guesses about where prices are going.

Keys words Guaranteed supply or none at all
    From agri-ville thanks Lee.

My experience this year talking to producers is that either, they forget to consider the substitution possibilities for many products or they don't know about the substitutes that are out there.

A perfect example is yellow mustard. A lot of yellow mustard is heat treated and used as a binder in processed meat products. A yellow mustard dealer told me that many meat processors have already switched to other binders and it will take a long time and much lower prices for them to switch back. Some of the processor market may have been lost for good. They view mustard as overpriced with an unreliable supply.

Illustrates again the old adage - the worst thing for high prices is high prices.
    My experience this year talking to producers is that either, they forget to consider the substitution possibilities for many products or they don't know about the substitutes that are out there.

A perfect example is yellow mustard. A lot of yellow mustard is heat treated and used as a binder in processed meat products. A yellow mustard dealer told me that many meat processors have already switched to other binders and it will take a long time and much lower prices for them to switch back. Some of the processor market may have been lost for good. They view mustard as overpriced with an unreliable supply.

Illustrates again the old adage - the worst thing for high prices is high prices.
    Key words Overpriced with an unreliable supply.

How can we farmers supply our customers wishes?
    Personnally and I believe most farmers have difficulty finding out what the end users requirements acctually are.

If I do find out alone I am in no possition to provide a solution however

From fwi.co.uk

MALTING barley growers can now register on a ground-breaking new website designed to help them grow and market the crop.

The Home-Grown Cereals Authority's new Malting Barley e-Club is the first single sector website of its kind in the cereals industry.

It will offer a real-time response on market and research changes that affect the malting industry, said the HGCA.

E-mailed e-Club updates will come through as and when there is relevant sector-specific information on global markets available, and will be tied in with different disciplines within the HGCA.

"We will never send an e-mail for the sake of it," said e-club co-ordinator and HGCA senior economist, Gerald Mason.

"Each update may include information as varied as world supply and demand, the latest R&D work on varieties, export and product development news, as well as invitations to any malting barley events."

Those who wish to join can register by e-mail or on the HGCA website.

I hope this will be the start of a way in which we can provide the service our customers deserve and reap the rewards this would offer!!!!
    Can anybody else see the possibilities from my home I can know what happened in Brandon have a disscussion with guys in Alberta. I recieve the same e-mail a everybody on agri-ville at the same time.
    We could now give the service these guys require if we changed ways and started to really MARKET our commodities
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.