• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

grazing leases

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

grazing leases

yes the benefit to leaserenters finally came to open public news
    first off all the rent per animal unit is very low
    many of us paying 25 to 30 dollar /month
    per animal who have no lease benifit
    leaseholders where getting far more from energy companies for access to the land than the rent per animal.
    of course the president of the leaseholders association did never tell us the rent per animal and large benefits of energy compagny
    very unfair and closed system
    why not put these leases offer to all Albertan
    our government is losing out between 28 and 35 million dollars per year

special this year cattleman are willing to pay big dollars for that right to graze our cattle for as low 4 to 8 dollar /month
    this government is going to look in to this heave subsidiced a few closed
    in lease holders right
    we will get a lot of action and real truth coming out of this old tradition for some of us cattleman
    read further the story in western
    producer of july 16 page 3

I have been railing against these grazing leases for 30yrs and now just mabey something will change. $1.39/mo per AUM and when Shirley mcLelan left the con party she made an acerage payment to albertans that paid lease fees for as much as 20 yrs. 10yr ago the province collected 3.5mill on grazing fees/yr and the energy sector paid close to 50mill in anual payments to lease holders,thats not counting 1 time payments such as pipelines,sismic,entry fees for drilling so it is about time we as alberta tax payers got some decent returns on OUR public lands.
    All I can say is thank God for a change in Gov.

Comment

Does anybody know and will post it, how much you pay per animal per day for grazing in Alta.Please give the price for both goverment lease and private deals. When a parcel does change hands, how much are you paying to assume the lease and who gets the money?

Comment

look on Ritchie brothers.

Comment

There are 3 zones in alta north $1.79, south $2.39 I may be off a few cents not sure now. Private$1per day is standard in north central alta. The big thing is the resopurce revenue,Thurber did a report and found 1 lease that paid something like $17,000 fees and recieved over $400,000 in resource rev. I personaly know of 2 leases for 300& cows and they get more than enough res,rev to pay all fees.So Thats 45,000 if pastured on private land.

Comment

nicolaas what have r-b auction to do with lease holders and pasture rent ???

Comment

ag boy, ritchies have sold some of these lease packages. In some locations, it looks like full ownership and a lease cost you just about the same per quarter. Those parcels were in the Peace area. I would say tough to break unless your going to break up supply management also.

Comment

Go buy a bush lease. Maintain the fence on uneven ground,timber and bog, lose calves/yearlings to wolves, and 2 legged predators. They are for sale on Ritchie brothers. If you don't maintain the fence or run required number of cows, gov't can take lease away. I agree, the rancher should not get the oil revenue.. in fact in a bush lease the wellsites actually improve the grazing potential! Otherwise, it is not that lucrative of a deal for most lease holders. The community pastures are way better, as the wolves typically do not eat all your calves. Instead of belly-aching, go buy a lease!!

Comment

me be this is why! Nicolaas
                  we are short on cattle !wolves been cleaning up on our dead calves !!!!
                  traveling along the foothills in alberta , have some good pasture,s
                  but never been offered to any other cattleman , because it is to good of a hidden deal you find out the real deal
                  and all the other benefits who come with it from the energy company ,
                  yes the story in the westernproducer tells the truth. we know about this for the last 40 years
                  change in ab government may open up this and offer it to all us ab cattleman

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...