• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest rates

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interest rates

What's been bugging me is the artificially low rates are pulling forward demand so future growth has to slow in every sector which will hammer our GDP luckily food is a bit more inelastic but asset values will take a hit or maybe I should just think about something else.

Don't you hate it when what you've been preaching to people about for years and years never happens. Im afraid it's time to find something new to worry about.

Comment

I wonder how much of that demand has already been pulled forward was in the city yesterday and had a little time too kill so thought Id go look at the new chevy trucks as mine may have to be passed on to a 16 year old about next year, was absolutely struck by the sheer volume of new vehicles sitting piled up on lots, could not even drive around some lots as the trucks were parked in between rows as well saw the same thing at the toyota dealership I stopped at. Made the mistake of walking around a lot I attracted more salespeople in 15 minutes than I could believe almost couldn't quietly look at things without being bothered. I think its slow and going to get slower low interest rates wont save things here Im thinking.

Comment

Ya well I was preaching farmland gold oil and grain where going to go up before they actually did and i didnt charge you a penny so suck it. FYI what is happening in the world actually effects you and it ain't lookin like sunshine and rainbows and when the bank takes half of your deposits you will be scratching your head saying nobody seen this coming........

Comment

Agree cp.

Bad time to have your head stuck in the sand.

Comment

I guess if you preach about something long enough it might happen. But in my case if I had worried about riding interest rates if would of cost me thousands. The new norm is less buying power for your dollar, it is called "Inflation" look it up its not rocket science.

Comment

Oh and the banks won't take your money, banks in Canada guarantee your deposits are 100% protected.

Comment

Inflation is followed by hyperinflation then total devaluation and the only thing worth anything is a physical good.

Because of this government will concoct ways to relieve you of said physical goods.

Mandatory confiscation of commodities for instance.

That also isn't rocket science and has happened in my lifetime

Here in Canada we are fortunate to not have had to deal with it. Every nation gets a taste eventually.

If you had spent time in Argentina or had family there you'd have a very different outlook.

Comment

They were in Argentina too. Then a new deposit tax came in. 20% of all money put into your bank account went into federal coffers.

Comment

And a lecture on inflation google quote "not one man in a million".

And I actually know deposit insurance ratios to bank deposits. Along with tier one capital ratios. And the famous quote of the Mexican president the day before they devalued and the famous quote of the eurocrat junker?"when it's this bad you have to lie"

I think you picked the wrong ring to get into.

Comment

Here I'll write your proper counter arguement for you.

Contrary to popular believe the world is actually growing at great rate. The eia and its constant restating of phantom oil demand is testament. The 95 million a day consumption and absorbstion with 800k plus demand in the us is a clue along with pending Iran Iraq Libya supplies about to come online amounting 3ish million barrels. My arguement that crude is a better barometer then dr copper or the Baltic dry for over all economic health and its cleary pointing to an upswing as economies around the world continue to improve

Comment

Klause got any old contacts down there?once they get their shit together there off

Comment

Continue on fellow agrivillers I'll go my way and you can go yours. Boy hate to have a different opinion even if it has been more right than yours. I guess the louder you YELL makes you right eh cotten.

Comment

Cotton realizes the danger of over-inflated home values, and over-extended debt. The artificial demand has created a generation of entitled benefactors. Not too many know how to save for a rainy day, grow their own food or even how to cook a meal. Is that bad? I guess not. Guess we gotta join the club, gooday-eh?

Comment

****in a typical throw a punch get hammered and cry ****. What the **** where you ever right on?your probably better at a million things then me but not everything.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.