• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HRS Should prices be posted in US Dollars since they want us to trade on Min!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HRS Should prices be posted in US Dollars since they want us to trade on Min!

This has pissed me off since we started this shit show grain marketing 1O1.
    All the companies didn't want to use Winterpeg HRS so they said they would use Min and we all would sing from the same song sheet.
    Ha what a load of crap. You have to base your take home price on Min. Well if I delivered against min the $6.46 plus exchange is $8.39.
    Ok maybe we should be pushing our Gov. or the Next because I hate to say it Something wild is going to happen this falls election. Either way Harper is done. I like the guy but really the NDP if they cant win on their own will invite the Pretty boy to join them and take the Conservatives out. Either way I looks to me like its a election we cant win. Why NDP I don't get it but I digress.
    Why not force through parliament the Grain companies in Canada if they want to base our prices off Min then show how they get to our farm gate price. Because a 6.46 is really 8.39. Sort of like our three S690s are worth $453,000 USD but when they arrive in Canada are $589,000. I can see the price I can react to the price. Order them when the dollar is at par or tell the dealer to take his expensive toys and go home.
    But with this Bull Shit system in Canada nothing is similar its all smoke and Mirror.
    WHy not

Min 6.46 exchange is 30% as a example 1.93 Or $8.39

8.39 - cost of elevation and shipping and cleaning and any other bull shit made up shit $1.50 price to farmer $6.89

Why cant we use the Kiss method.

KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID>

It will only get worse if people like yourself who support the conservatives blindly don't stop and listen to what you yourself say.
    Good the wheat board gone but now the free for all without any one watching anything is a worse gong show. And it s not just wheat it's worse in the specialty markets. India is starving for pulses and we can t move peas? Bullshit.

They re taking your vote for granted because you are stuck in the old won't vote anywhere else. And until you at least threaten to not vote the same old way why waste your time complaining?

Comment

Been to scared to punch the numbers on this issue. Scared of my rage.

Comment

you just answered your own question ? you like harper as he allows these pricks to **** and pillage us ? you like harper as he allows all the "US" owned oil co's to chargea $1 per liter for gas at 48$ oil . now theywant to make sure all farmland is foreign owned also. that will work out as good as the oilpatch adventure . once all canada is foreign owned , we will take whatever they ram down our throats.

Comment

A standardized method of posting grain prices should be pushed as an election issue. We have standard grading and protein, we need a standardize method for all graincos to post and advertise their basis and prices. If they want to take $3-$3.50 CAD/bus basis then have the balls to show it, rather than hiding it in a nonsensical, non descript number(basis), which is neither CAD or USD, which is what graincos do now. The current method is an unethical way of doing business.

Comment

Have any of you told your grain co of choice you want wheat priced in US dollars, both basis and futures? Have you written the WGEA to encourage the companies to change? Have you asked your farm orgs, WCWGA, NFU, KAP etc to lobby for this, or work with WGEA on this.

Always asking the gov't for something, anything for that matter, is a recipe for nothing to happen. In a way, when you talk about getting the gov't to do your work you don't want to take responsibility for anything.

Comment

Do you ask everyone you meet not to stab in you the back. Shouldn't have to ask

Comment

No Cotton, but why always Harper this, Harper that. We don't need more legislation. Change to US pricing doesn't need govt intervention.

Comment

these groups to lobby are a waste of time and money they get into bed with gov and then have political agendas instead of farmer agenda.

the gov in power has the power plain and simple.

and I don t think ndp or liberal will be any better and I don t know maybe, but when you have a conservative gov and they turn their backs on issues that hurt farmers its bananas to blame the ndp and liberals, hahaha

Comment

The farmers that settled the west a century ago would weep to see what their descendants have turned into. You got rid of the CWB... Good for you. Now get off your asses and quit whining for somebody to spoon feed you everything you need and change your diaper when you shit yourselves.
                    It takes about two shakes of a puppy dogs tail to figure out your basis and what part currency plays in it. It would take a couple of hours for somebody with a half assed knowledge of computers to make a webpage you could go to to show you a conversion table with the day's prices and exchange. If you don't like the way the grain companies are doing things, get off your asses, put up some bins and get a good broker and go into the business yourself like farmers all over North America and around the world manage to do without someone holding their hand, except apparently on the Canadian prairies.
                    The whining on here while you wait for somebody else to do it for you is embarrassing.

Comment

it does not matter what currency they are posted in.
                      if they can take that much , they will.
                      and they are. it is not about conscience. it is business.

this is the system we dreamed about with rose colored glasses.

we have absolutely none of the factors present to have a real competitive functioning market.

monopoly rail roads, virtually untouchable now.
                      a handful of grain co.s in the driver seat.

without farmers having a presence in those 2, we are down to begging the gov. to get them to play nice.
                      good luck with that.

Comment

Have to agree with dalek, Braveheart and SF3.

Either do something about it to change it or set up a brokerage account.
                        I will send an email to the wheat commission regarding selling wheat in a US dollars.

IMO Perpetual complainers like Riders2010 should phone Ritchie Bros and book the sale instead of blaming Stephen Harper for all of life's problems.

Comment

Oliver,,, I totally agree with DaleK as well.

If you want to work... and earn US dollars... for wheat... you can do this any day of the week... without a CWB buyback.

We earn what we receive for our grain... or we take what they will GIVE us. Just like buying machinery. You can pay retail... plus 20 percent at some dealers if you want!!!

On earn a price that is much lower for the same equipment. Your CHOICE.

Nothing in this life is free!!!

We were never promised everything would be fair... either!!!

Comment

or use another railroad ,life isnt fair lol , instead of whining about it all the time. actually we had real good rail service in the NE in the last year . just to bring out some of the positives , which is good cause the US border is a long god damn haul for us

Comment

if you can say with a straight face that this isn t fkd up your either a *** moron or harpers pay roll.

Steve is the *** government, if he doesn t want to govern for agriculture get the fk out.

The only place there was good transportation around here was when you had to sell your grain off grade then they would move it .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...