• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Frustrating low to watch ..

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frustrating low to watch ..

It has spun all around us in the past 24 hrs again .
    It has rained in a 360deg arch all around us . Fukin unreal ...

Like Bill Clinton said " I feel your Pain"
    What your watching is what we watched for 10 years except the opposite. Rain would start south of the valley close to Regina and move Ne, then magically it would head for our area picking up speed and dump rain, some times it turned and came back again a few hours later and dumped rain again.
    I cant explain it, but the valley does do some weird shit our way.

Comment

1980, it didn't rain until July 18 or 19 at our farm. Hope you get a shot by then Furrow. These patterns are so odd.-for sure. Gotta wonder, how can it be?

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks the storms are tracking oddly.

Comment

They are so fun to watch on radar. Some times its like how the hell did a storm that's coming from the SW just hit a highway and head strait north.
          Or a 1.25 rain the other night that came from the NE down to our yard then headed north again. But area to East of us got nothing.

Comment

Frustrating is also the word I would use.

Comment

This week has been very interesting on our area. Lots of thunderstorms since Monday, and all of the storms are following the exact same path's. Most areas around us got a very good shot of rain, and the odd small area missed everything all week. Some areas have had over 3 inches since Sunday night, most at least a inch.

Comment

Finally with radar, one can get the indisputable fact that the Quill Lakes brew storms. Yesterday, out the the blue, a storm began over the lakes, sat there for 3 hours and then headed our way, churning and getting progressively worse as it tore up some awesome crops.

The ability to watch it now, is both cool, and downright scary. A storm twisting and turning in one spot for a few hours straight can not bring good things.

And it didn't. Grrr.

Comment

We are sitting dead center in this low , by the time it spins off us it will have dropped all moisture .

Comment

Fun to watch on radar ?? What kinda "normal" weed you smoke SF ?

Comment

lol. It is kinda fun. When it is not building to your southwest for three hours and slowly tracking your way! lol

Yesterday was a bit stressful watching that baby build. Thundered the whole time, was like a giant train running at low idle on my front lawn for 5 hours.

Comment

2-3 weeks ago, every little cloud (6)seemed to turn our way giving us 1/2 inch shots time and time again till water was standing in the lower spots. Now in the last two weeks they either seem to dissipate before they get here or turn directions and go around us. If I could have my druthers, I would have passed on the earlier ones and taken the rain now in the last two weeks, probably would have a better stand with rain later, although the earlier rains helped us through that extreme heat.

It's just el Niño, In our area, one should expect less rain in the summer and a long open fall. Not commenting on when to expect frost though.

Comment

Several storms yesterday built up SW over QL's NOT dissipating like last 3 months. Seems to have changed, but the huge spinning coma will mean too much rain on somebody.

http://weather.gc.ca/satellite/animateweb_e.html?imagetype=satellite&imagename=go es_wcan_1070_m_..................jpg&nbimages=1&cl f=1

Comment

At the moment we seem to be in the eye of the low. Seems to be rotating around us. Our farm is in SE Sask straight north of the Montana/N.D. border. If this low doesnt drift east we won't be getting much or if it rains itself out before it moves we're still SOL.

Watching Environment Canada's satellite imagery.

Comment

Klause can hear the thunder from 50 miles away. It's closer now. Martins and finches busy. I would accept the moisture although may get wet cooking tonight. Also as I type it's seeming cooling.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...