• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guess what, the first rain in Regina.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guess what, the first rain in Regina.

Probably only about 3/10 but nice, none the less. Thank you, rain God.

None here today, I don't think it really matters too much anymore, maybe have plumper seeds if it would give a bit but otherwise yield is basically set. Man, some of that stuff is hard to look at compared to the last few years. But I am grateful I have a shot at getting some of my expenses back, more than can be said for some areas.

Good luck everyone and take care.

Comment

We got 1 inch of hard rain today..Enough for our crops, so we will share the rest to those who need it..

Comment

4/10ths East of Saskatoon
        First real rain since Apr 25
        It's a start

Comment

1" in 3 hours.
          3.15" since finishing seeding May 28.

Northeast Sask.

Comment

We are at 6 inches since snow melt..

Comment

Gardens near U of R show less than 1/10, but 4/10 at Richardson. 1/2 inch plus at Indian Head/ QuAppelle, so at least it's damp. Pea Size hail on highway near QuAppelle. It's a little on the late side for early crops but definitely will keep the lentils blooming and podding. Peas are done South of Regina, about a foot tall without an abundance of pods. Drought can put a lump in my throat. SF3, quit cursing the rain.

Comment

Got smashed pretty bad on some beautiful barley today. Full bloom canola mowed to the ground. Ahh, farming!

Crops look awesome since last weeks rain. Other than the stupid hail, should be a bumper.

Comment

2.69 inches since the beginning of April. Biggest dose since seeding 1/3 inch(May 6), 4 quarter inch shots spread out and a bunch of tenths at a time... Very small doses. But still feel good there is a little bit of a crop here.

Comment

Free, were you were under that nasty cloud in the afternoon NE of Wadena, or the storms after 8pm? Crops flatter here too. Pea hail before the wind came up. 1.1" hard

Comment

Yup, that bugger sat there building for a few hours and we got both the 4 o clock smash and the 8 o clock hammer. Funnel clouds churning masses of clouds, was a real treat. If your name is Greg Johnson at least.

I am not sure what we got on our south land, but there is water all over, ditches nearly full. Scared to go look tomorrow. Some real nice crops wrecked. Lush crops draw the storms the old timers say.

Comment

since the snow left .
                        in tenths
                        2,2,2,2,6 and finally now 5/10
                        2 inches total,

normal average
                        here for that time frame should be 6
                        inches.
                        i know others are worse off

Comment

Lol greg Johnson

Comment

Do you have moisture deficency ins in sask? I got paid 70% for may/june as we only got 30% of normal. Dosent amount to much but nice to get beer money at least.

Comment

Horse,

Would be very interested to know how that policy works!

Which location is used to be the measuring point?

I assume you pick the time frame to be insured/covered... and for what level of coverage.

Have you done this more that one year?

Thanks for commenting on this... very interesting risk management tool!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...