• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rain just in time or to late!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ado089

If your asking for hail like that why worry about a plow down.

Kill two birds with one stone.

Comment

35 mm total yesterday water sitting water table back to what it was in spring!
      We need heat and lots of it to push this one along but frequency of rain is increasing!

Comment

If you need heat to push your crops along, SF3, we need an oven. You guys are WAY ahead, I am surprised at what guys worry about. I guess I am used to long, late maturities.

Bucket said:

Kill two birds with one stone.

That was funny.

Comment

I'm just saying as long as it stays hot and warm this crop will move right along! That would be perfect! But we farm in canada nothing is perfect!

Comment

Bucket, I've been burning diesel and wearing out iron all summer (ok only 6 days) trying to get the quack and thistle in check. I think I'm winning now so it's time to plant some peas.

Comment

Gotcha, SF!

Comment

What pea variety you usin for plow down Ado ?

Comment

Ado

Go vertical tillage. Faster. Not sure why that hasn't caught on with organics.

Comment

I'm just growing greens, not even sure the variety. I was going to plant them this spring but the fields needed a little TLC. I'd love to have a VT unit for a quick run over pre plant and for knocking down cover crop but I'm not spending $80k for 640 ac. In the mean time I've set up an old 57' fc5000 with mid row spikes running 3" deeper than the shovels. It does a great job of pulling up roots and leaves a nice field finish for next go around.

Comment

The packers also germinate a pile of seeds too so I can get them the next go around. I'm pretty happy with it.

Comment

Guess it all depends on location. See a lot of Alberta hay advertised for 12-14c/lb, not necessarily horse hay either. Haven't seen a lot for sale here in MB but asking price might be 6c/lb based on the stuff I've seen advertised.

Comment

absolutely perfect here , canola full bloom

Comment

we were on the bubble last weekend and got about an inch and a half in two different showers. so i'm saying just in the nick of time. it perked the canola up big time and this cooler weather should help as well. i can feel for those who missed out though. we've been in that situation more times that i care to remember.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how many blanks show up in canola next week from last weeks heat

Comment

Our peas are showing signs of maturing (call it what you want) changing color from the ground up. Yellowing instead of the last few years of brown patches then quickly spreading to the rest of the field.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...