• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Curse the river valley !!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Curse the river valley !!!

15 days in a row now the rains will not cross that god dam river ... Getting critical now

I don't think the river has anything to do with it.

Comment

Hiway 5 typically is a dividing line here.

Comment

Looks like the East side of Grasslands Park got rain... good for the grass I guess.

Comment

River has nothing to do with it. They always used to say, what do rain, sex, and subsidies have in common? Every farmer thinks that his neighbour is getting more. Well, too old for sex, subsidies are not likely, and the rain? Seems that everything is drying up more than I'd like.

Comment

Seems to evaporate as the fronts move east of Saskatoon also. Some kind of "dome" still in place!
            Humboldt hogs the "showers" some how?

Comment

So you got explanation for rain stopping at river ??

Comment

I have seen it year after year for 35 yrs , dad 49 years before - I duno

Comment

I dunno, in a land where large topography is few and far between, I am a believer that subtle changes n topography DO affect systems as they move through. Here, it is the rise in land east of Wadena, and the massive body of water that is the Quill Lakes. Always wetter here. Always. And when we go to Regina, more often than not, at the valley, you can SEE the front from a distance and so many times we have hit rain north of the valley, yet it is dry south of it.

Happens to consistently, and far too often for it to be mere coincidence in my view...

Comment

Same happens with Barrier River, rains on either side but not both at same event. Lakes to the north also. Were at Greenwater last week and lots of rain north of it.

Comment

Someone(of no significance, don't tell the person I said that) once told me the insignificant changes in topography of the plains doesnt affect the weather much. What is the change in elevation across the plains? I do believe the fuel issue though. If there is no moisture to evaporate or to feed the systems, maybe they can't develop and sustain themselves. Boy the dryness is widespread. Sucks to be me, total June rainfall at the yard is .58 inches, and not all at once either. Yikes.

Comment

Yeah fj. The other thing is the provincial forest effect, and those Greenwater hills, and the significant elevation change in the region just east of highway 38 north of Kelvington.

Comment

Rivers and ravines definitely have an effect on rain patterns.

Comment

The North Sask river valley at North Battleford includes the Battle river valley - fairly significant - prob 15 miles wide from Table mountain to the rise north of town.

Comment

I agree with furrow and a few others certain things effect a storm.
                              Long lake does for us and the Qu'Appelle valley definitely.
                              Basically Tuesday is a prime example storms swirling out of Alberta heading our way track on radar every ten minuets and guess what it hits long lake and instead of crossing and intensifying on same path as before it mysteriously heads south to Regina and then Weyburn. But before that it was on same path for hours.
                              Strong storm heading north to Yorkton from Regina hits the Qu'Appelle valley and either finishes just after intensifies or splits.
                              Im a believer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...