• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heavy smoke preventing the forecast heat.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heavy smoke preventing the forecast heat.

Sun is having issues cutting through the smog this morning. Not going to be near so hot as they forecast. Which should be a good thing, no?

Never seen it so thick as this morning.

Here too..... it's chilly 15 degrees crops loving it.... cooler and elevated levels of co2

Comment

What do you think has been pushing up canola! It's not just a little drought in AB.
      Look out if they get whip-sawed and it suddenly turns ugly hot, say 38-42, that late seeded, or moisture stressed, shallow rooted crop will really take it hard.

Comment

Gross smoke..Visibility is less than 1/4 mile..Wonder why we get a North wind every time there is forest fire issues?

Comment

not sure how my post above ended up in this thread???

Comment

Wonder why there is always a north wind when there is forest fire issues?

Comment

Forecast high here of about 32, got to about 29. Now 25 at 3:30.

Comment

Cooled off in Penticton too. We woke up to a bit of rain. Very refreshing after sweltering heat yesterday. Doesn't break my heart to get smoke particles in the air for water to cling to. Go smoke -make rain!

Comment

Wonder if the old settlers had panic Attacks that a prairie fire was coming at them. Those must have been terrifying

Comment

....with no modern conveniences and telecommunications...

Comment

We hit 23 today. Interesting amount of ash on the hoods of vehicles in the yard.

Comment

Seeing raindrops on my truck in the smoke, love the smoke sry northern sask

Comment

If I was an old timer i would probably bang the horses up to the three shank furrow plow and flip a couple rounds of sod round the ole sod homestead. But im more a young timer what u ole timers think?

Comment

I dunno what they would have done here in the woodlands. I imagine though that the many lakes and creeks slowed the advance of most fires if there ever were any.

And a lot was left fallow as well those days too???

Comment

Biglentil, you whippersnapper, sod houses don't burn that easy. Maybe the roof but the walls are kinda fire proof.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...