• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting rid of Western Canada !!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting rid of Western Canada !!!!!

I was at a trade show in Saskatoon a couple of weeks ago and a question/idea was given to me.

Many of us out in Western Canada are tired of not being heard by the east. By this I do not mean the farmer but the government. Maybe we should get rid of the imaginary line that say's west and east and just be Canada. Would the powers to be listen more? If we can't beat them join them!!!

I'm not sure I totaly agree with this being a strong "westerner" but maybe I have to change instead of "THEM".

Personally, I think the imaginary boundary is there because there are fundamental differences in the regions. Do you feel the voting public is somewhat different in its thinnking between urban Ontario and Rural alberta and sask. ? I suppose the government is only paying attention to the majority ,like ag people pay attention to the consumers who dictate their particular industry. I don't know ?... Does anyone really feel ther would ever be that type of unification ? Seriously?.

Comment

You are probably right that we would never have good unification. I do however feel that the powers to be in Ottawa hold things against us out here in western Canada.

Does this mean we should all run out and vote for them? What do we do to get their support?

Since we became a nation we have been divided. We are three countries in Canada. East, West, and Quebec.

Comment

I personally agree that there are three regions to the country. And those in the fourth ones like THe North would say there is four...but thats not my point, The point is I personally do not think there will ever be that unification because we are a large country geographically with an even greater variety of peoples. Now thats great for lokking wonderfully diverse to the world, but politically a nightmare for representing all CAnadians. Would the west feel more " listened to " under an american political system? That is open to debate. It will never happen anyway.

As for rolling over to vote the way of the east definitely not. If we can't get
        results bitching, complaining and whining, ( not to mention creating political opposition parties ) I doubt staying silent and smiling will do much better. How many years has the west felt neglected ? ... personally, I try to educate my voting Ontario relatives. If my vote here doesn't mean much, maybe I can sway a few in the East.

Comment

The thing that agrivates me is people talking about the East and they are refering to Ontario.What about Atlantic Canada?It is like we don't even exist.I
          feel much like the Westerner's in that our "central Canadian" decision makers
          don't realize the diversities that exist this country.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...