• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hail

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hail

Got a blast of hail on everything. Was just about done spraying for weeds in crop. Had peas flax and durum. Should I give my peas a spray with some kind of boost to help them?Hoping I do not have to spray for weeds again as most crop was cut off pretty hard.

A fungicide and something like atp releaf would help.

Comment

I have some reward that was bought a few years ago and not used. Will make you a pretty good deal. Located in the Calgary area. Post contact info if interested.

Comment

Klause

You see any improvement with releaf?

I tried it on 40 acres of peas with viper not sure if it's helping.

Comment

It would heat the viper up a LOT...

It's a bunch of macro and micros in plant soluble form... We've been using foliar on peas for a few years with excellent results.

Comment

Looking like another good year for full coverage through SMHI a.

Comment

We did try some fungicide on July one hailed peas last year mowed right down to shit all left. It re flowered and produced a bit but basically not nice. Little earlier hail or less damage would definitely do.

Comment

Was thinking green with envy.Think that is what it is called.Have used p3 before on peas.put some 11-51 fertilizer with seed.that should help a bit.cooler weather with some showers this week could be the best thing to save the crop.

Comment

Any liquid ortho phos based product will help alot - Green with envy was a shit show with screens and nozzels for me. The Kuglar I applied after our hail is working very well now. Peas are jumping far ahead of others. Alpine G22 works well too . Alpine or Kuglar will do the job as good or better for $3/ac than Releaf at $7 or more - done both - seen it first hand - not coffee B/S

Comment

Releaf works well , but Alpine G22 or Kuglar 6-24-6 will do the same or more for 1/2 the cost or less

Comment

Green with envy is a nitrogen based product. It will do more harm than good to damaged plants on account of burning. Phos and zinc promote growth without the burn.

Comment

We wouldn't be having all these weather problems if a certain farmer from Humboldt wouldn't have pissed off mother nature by running around his hilltops naked.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...