• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coarse Language Advisory....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coarse Language Advisory....

Which one of you is this? A little stressed?

Sorry I couldn't get it to post playable. Copy and paste into your browser search bar.

http://vid1166.photobucket.com/albums/q605/yip2/IMG_0031.3gp.mov.mp4

The link worked from the desktop computer but not my smartphone. I'm not saying its not possible, I may not have evolved to that level of sophistication yet, or may never.

Comment

Lol bayer gets more good advertising

Out

Comment

.....he admits it froze 4 times, hardly Bayer's fault. He does sound distressed though. Shit like this can take you out of the game if you operate on the edge.

But I still laugh every time I watch it.

Comment

Another happy 140P customer.......

Comment

Anyone else wondering why canola freezes off long before barley now?

Comment

Wondering the same tweety. 1.3 m acres of CNL reseeded. How many acres of other crops were reseeded?

Comment

Can you imagine, a pod shatter resistant variety with a poor plant count in drought conditions... how would that stuff ever semi-lodge and "knit" itself together to prevent the plants thrashing against each other in wind? Another theory(pod shatter resistance) only viable under ideal conditions. But it demands a premium, pod seal anyone? Lol.

Comment

It's a fit on your last two quarters. Leave it till 95% color change and swath. So if your late no panic.
                  Have a head to head 40 acre test plots L140p vs Pioneers new one for next year that's also a pod seal variety but suppose to yield like normal time will tell.

Comment

we had bayer, pioneer , cps (hi acid) bayer froze the worst , set it back about 7-10 days

Comment

One general thing noted over the past 10 days with frost damage and recovery or not is fert rates at seeding . Now before anyone gets pissy - we have covered 1000's and 1000's of acres since the Black Friday Friday frost.
                      The majority of canola in this area was seeded into good moisture but dried very quickly. Most of canola germinated good and root systems established very well partly due to dry weather- not a bad thing BUT ... Then it froze and if that canola was seeded close to a high concentration of fert ( within 1-2 in ) the canola was wiped out worse than fields with mid or low fertility . Fert burn has caused as much damage as frost in those cases.
                      Anouther is different varieties in the Same fields - some were wiped out some virtually unscathed . I have seen this before . Some varieties simply have bigger balls.
                      This is just something seen in this area - 40-50 mile radius - I suspect some will say they seen different from different areas.
                      Some of the canola here recovered very well even after pounding hail 36 hrs after frost . Some just had the fairly moderate frost in other areas and was wiped out . It did not take long to see the coralation between very high fertility rates and unusually high frost damage and or poor, slow recovery or just death.
                      Stripped Beatles also did far more damage than most thought - the stem feeding was devestaing to struggling plants . Chewed leaves are one thing but chewed stems are worse .

Comment

The other very obvious factor in frost damage was trash cover but that is nothing new . It's the unseen happening below ground that caught some off gaurd .

Comment

That is hilarious!
                          I was having a similar discussion in the cab while burning off frozen canola fields prior to reseeding.

Comment

furrowtickler re fert;
                            were your comments indirectly pointing to planting equipment? chicken/master vs. mrb? Seems to me that the chicken/master gets to the fert much sooner than mrb.
                            Noticing that in wheat fields, not sure whether I want my wheat taking up so much fert that early? Anyone else see this?

Comment

Oh no, not a sideband MRB discussion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.