• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

webpages, help needed!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

webpages, help needed!

is there anyone out there that knows how to set up web sites. I want to design my own, but don't know what I need to do it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Dwayne

A web site is made up of no less than three main components.

1) Domain (this is the address your site will be found at) Agri-ville's domain is www.agri-ville.com

2) Server (this is where your web pages will reside so they can be "served out" to browsers like Internet explorer or Netscape that call for your domain

3) Pages (these are the physical pages themselves)

To build your own web page, you need a purchase the rights to use a domain (which is a www address), you need to host it somewhere and you need probably a software program to build the pages.

As a company we build software and Internet solutions for the agriculture industry. Part of our service is to host sites, and secure domains. Other companies you can try include Telus, MTS or Sasktel.

We typically recommend our clients to use Front Page to maintain their own sites. It is a Microsoft product and very similar to Word.

If you require further information on hosting, securing domains or Front Page you can e-mail me at jlamb@canadianrural.com or call 1 888 300 2727.

Good luck and have fun.

Respectfully,
    Jory Lamb

Comment

Another thing you need to do is figure out what your site is going to do. I use Front Page as Jory mentioned and it is quite easey to work with. The problem with websites is the more you find out the less you find you know.

Comment

Rain:

You are sure right with the more you find out the more you find out you need to know.

You can still build a nice clean website with the most basic of tools. It also helps if you find a friend that knows how to build websites, so when you get hung up you have someone you can talk to about making it right.

If you plan to use the site for e commerce I would think you would want to talk to the pro's. e commerce has what is called a front end and a back end so you will want this to work right for you.

If you really want a nice site that will serve you well, talk to a pro! Even if they help you build a site that is basic and help you maintain it, you will be much happier and less frustrated.

Good luck, let us know when the site is up so we can all look ~00~

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...