• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Reseeding canola?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reseeding canola?

Has anyone started reseeding yet or checked into seed availability?

We aren't done our first pass of seeding yet so we aren't reseeding any yet but would be very surprised if it won't be warranted now.

Kind of think there will be after tonight. Suppose to be -3 here

Comment

We'll see in a couple of days, clear skys and they're still calling for -6 C tonite in southern MB. Not sure how much is actually up in the area.

Comment

We got really cold Monday night. Had a quick look last night and the canola didn't look to bad but I don't think it got warm enough during the day to really show the frost damage yet. Guess time will tell.

Comment

Sunday night I meant to say we got really cold.

Comment

Froze here again last night.

Watching the white on the grass disappear as the sun rises.

Comment

Market is only up a bit. Should a guy be buying back his hedges?

Comment

I'm hearing of guys with frozen sprayers last few days yet everyone thinks their canola escaped the frost. Maybe it did.

Comment

Here barley died

Comment

Where is here. You farm all over hello half acre. Was it up?

Comment

2nd leaf. North of Esk.

Same story at colonsay

Comment

Lots of guys looking that had canola in the first week of May . Some may make it some won't unless we get a rain to giver a boost . I would wait till Friday to look for regrowth .
                        When we had bad frost damage before I would take 10 pin flags and pin 10 damaged plants - then watch dailty for regrowth or death. In about 3-4 days you will have a far better idea of what kind of damage is or has not occurred . This takes out all guesswork and worrying . We would reseed if less than 40-50% of the plants survive with any growth and conditions do give any rain. Also check for pinching off at soil surface. If they pinch off quickly it's most likely not Gona make er or be a very weak plant with weak legs .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...
                        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.