• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weather

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

weather

I figure since no one has had anything to say here for a few days, this is the one subject that always gets everyone talking. I live in the Stuart Nechako area of B.C, and we have had more snow on the ground in July than we have right now. How is your weather?

I am in northcentral Alberta and the moisture situation is very scary. Warm and very windy here. Not a shred of snow left except in the bush. Too dry to burn brush. Here we are going into year 5 of drier than normal weather. Not much snow in Jasper. News is that 80 percent of this province is dry now and going to experience a 2003 equal to or worse than last year. Cows here sold for $450 a cow last week, calves about $800. It is costing about $5 a day/hd to winter. Glad I sold.

Comment

It is windy and cold and very little snow. Thank goodness we had all that rain at harvest time, tho didn't think it was that great at the time. It has been an awesome winter to feed cows no cold weather or snow up until now. Sure hope you folks that are dry get some more snow before spring. I have a mixed farm an hour north of Regina.

Comment

I'm in SW Manitoba. We have about 12" of snow, better than none, but we could still use some more. We had very little fall moisture, so, water reserves are down. Everyone say prayers to the rain 'god'! Especially in the west.

May a little precipitation greet you regularly in 2003!

Comment

I live in central Sk. between Saskatoon and Regina.

There is no snow here to speak of. We had a fair bit of rain during harvest but are still in need of more. Without snow and/or rain early this spring we are in trouble. There's probably enough moisture to start crops and to help hay and pasture but we'll be crying by summer without moisture.

I worked at the crop production show in Saskatoon this week and farmers from all over were suprisingly very up about next year. I am in the grain handling business and we were expecting a slow winter but it will be positive for us to.

I am headed to Brandon to-morrow for the show out there and I expect with moisture conditions better to have alot of positive feed back from farmers about 2003!!!!

Comment

We've got 2 inches of snow in the last 24 hours. This makes a grand total accumulation of, you guessed it, 2 inches! Better than nothing. At least now I don't have to look at this year's newly seeded hay fields with nothing but an inch of ice on them. Maybe we should all take up rain dancing in our 'spare' time.

Comment

I am in southern manitoba on the usa border.Its been a strange week. Mon and tues were plus 10c andtoward the end of the week we godown to-25 for lows. goes from one extreme to another. we had snow but its gone from 10 .

Comment

Just spent a couple days on the road between cold Lake AB. , Fort Saint John BC. and Edmonton, pretty much zero snow all points in between. Although I think sonme has fallen overnight. It is sobering to see all the brown.

Comment

I hear that most ag. experts are expecting average to above average yeilds for the upcoming year. This will be imposible unless the majority of western Canada recieves 200% above normal precip. from now through May! From what I see here and looking at drought maps, I think most of those ag-experts must be grain traders!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.