• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POGA in the a Western Producer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

POGA in the a Western Producer

I know Bob quite well and call him a friend. It's people like he and hugs traveling partner Bill that have helped keep oats a staple crop in many rotations

. Now if I only wheat could work together

http://www.producer.com/2015/05/video-culture-of-respect-key-for-oats/

Interesting how milling and pony oat production areas shifted around prairies following removal from wheat board and Crow rates.
    From Alberta to Red River valley to eastern Sask and western Manitoba.
    Can thank UGG for POGA support in getting it off. the ground.

Comment

Oats have been an excellent crop to grow on this farm since 1995. I threw away wheat and grew more oats. They kept me alive in the bad old days.
      Organic milling oats are now an important part of rotation.

Comment

On our farm Oats is planted only for our own feed, here i plant wheat, clover,and some peas,the wheat is sold across the the line which works great for us but we are within a reasonable shipping distance.Every farm is different and you have to find out what is best for your farm.Just going to start the wheat this week been way to cold here too.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...