• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. roads?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask. roads?

Planning the road trip to our new home in 6 weeks and wondering what the best route to cross SK is?
    I could come in on AB#9 to SK#7 Alsask to Kindersley.
    Or AB#12 to SK#51 Kerrobert
    Or a bit further for me on AB#13 to SK#14 Macklin to Unity.

I'm heading to Brandon so what's the best route? Wondering if going south on #4 and onto the TransCan at Swift Current is the way to go?

Don't mind quieter roads but want to avoid potholes and ups and downs as much as possible pulling stock trailer. TIA.

hwy 14 is pretty good except south of wilkie for about 7 miles.

Comment

Go South to the States then hit an Interstate east until your south of Manitoba then go north...
      LOL, Hahahahahahahahaha, You will likely be disappointed...

Safe trip Grassfarmer and enjoy your new home!!!

Comment

Do not even contemplate hwy 51 in sask. It is unfit for horses let alone anything with 4 wheels.

Comment

Posts sound like an episode from SNL's "The Californians"

Comment

If im running east central AB to southern MB i typically go:
            #7 to rosetown, #4 south to #15 which runs east through outlook. Catch #11 @ kenaston. Meets up with #1 at regina. Follow the ruts from there to brandon.

Comment

If your going to brandon take #7 east to saskatoon hit number 16 there and then keep going till #10 in Manitoba and it's straight south 15 mins into brandon

Comment

Thanks for the advice, the roads all look flat and smooth on the map, LOL.
                helmsdale is going across to Regina faster or a better road than keeping on #4 south to Swift Current?

Comment

Just damp in Regina, but by looks of radar, it must have rained this morning Fort Qu'Appelle to Moosomin. Our hay is looking sparse to negligible. But we're going to pick big time asparagus today from nearly 1000 plants planted in 2013. Any mushrooms in Manitoba?

Comment

#4 has the sask landing 60 km north of swift... that is definitely not flat. 7% grade for a few km down then up.

Also lots of other long rolls. Pavement is smooth though.

That's why I suggested 7 and then 16. Pretty much flat as a pancake and a very quick way to get across... it's what I took to go from MB to the oil patch :P

Comment

Thanks Klause - what do you think of the #15 Rosetown to Kenaston option versus going to S'toon looks shorter but don't know the road.

Comment

I would even wish hwy #51 on Grassfarmer;-)

Comment

I WOULDN'T even wish hwy#51 on Grassfarmer.

*edit*

Comment

7,15,11,1 would be the best

Comment

If you are hauling anything in trucks... make sure you have truck safety's done... once you leave Alberta the safety exemption is void... you need log books as well ... and proper log history pretrip one week previous history log books done if Alberta Plates. Purple fuel is ok in vehicle tanks... none in tidy tanks once you leave Alberta.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.