• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday may 29

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday may 29

Farmzone has a low of 0. That is the one to watch in my opinion. Could. Swing higher or lower or disappear all together. Not much can do about it.

Drew's special statement for the weekend is dire re frost.

Comment

Going to freeze all way from calgary to Kansas back up to Hudson Bay but markets are down I guess their always right

Comment

Not sure why that's breakin news. It almost hasn't stopped freezing yet.

Comment

If you don't want gamble even more, canola won't freeze in the bag seed on May 27! Could be reseeding happening right now! AB seeded in Apr, frost worse when dry.

Comment

Perhaps the message is to do nothing in pricing/marketing unless someone has a gun to head/you need to sell something to pay bills. Turn off the radio or fire up what ever music station relaxes you in the tractor/makes the day better. I would still have my target prices/ways of being informed but job in front of you is to get the crop seeded. Your concerns may be production risk (bigger impact on bottom line than price) - another reason to be patient in new crop marketing.

Comment

I agree Charlie. Patience is required

Comment

Charlie,

Done.

Comment

hobbyfrmr. Good to be done.

Realizing that damage really isn't that visible until a few days a frost event, I would be watching the USDA crop progress and condition reports released every Monday. I suspect a lot of you will have your own sources of information including twitter contacts in the HRW areas but the USDA report is likely the most consistent source of crop condition information.

[URL="http://usda.mannlib.cornell.edu/MannUsda/viewDocumentInfo.do?documentID=1048"]Crop progress[/URL]

Comment

Charlie I think he is done turning radio up. Haha

Comment

Pretty strange weather statement out of envio canada at four oclock

Comment

Ya cotton its gonna get interesting this weekend if it gets as cold as they say. Lots of canola up around here. Seed sales will be brisk next week!

Comment

Hopperbin is correct. Charlie suggested turn off radio and find some more amusing sounds.

I Am just doing burn off. Burned off bolts for new culltivator shovels and today burning of them old dinasour bones from deep in the ground. (Diesel)

Comment

Normal low for today in humboldt is plus 3 so a frost this weekend is par for the course. I think we should be more concerned about may 29. Mind you its two weeks away.

Comment

Thanks for the chuckles hobby.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.