• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Feed wht vs #2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feed wht vs #2

Got a price today from Viterra..

#2- 12 pro...$4.50..

Feed wht.--$4.75..

Animal feed more $$$ than human food?

Was 5.50 at the barns a few weeks ago.

Comment

They must not want it.
      What are the other options(Terminals) offering you?

Px is kind of low. Bet the discount of being a point and a half under thirteen five is greater than being a point and a half higher ;-)

Comment

Richardson's was $4.65 for #2-12 pro..

Still makes no sense that milling wht has very little or no premium over feed...

Comment

.....high quality LOW VOMI feedwheat?

Comment

That 5:50 pig food price is low fuzz.

Comment

Figured. Aren't pork prices kinda poor? And they can still pay a premium to milling wheat?
              "What's eating up the difference in value". Sarcasm fully intended?

Comment

well , we have #1 , 15 px , low fus and nobody wants to pay anything for it around here , it's a joke !

Comment

Hauling # 1 low pro got 6.00/ bus. Priced it back in February- March

Comment

Got 6.25 for some #2 12.5 during Feb, and 5.85 and 6.05 for last stuff in March. They need June now for a "surprise unfilled train"!

Comment

Contracted all but 40 tonnes in Dec/14 around the time MGEX peaked(pure ****ing luck on my part), delivered over 3 weeks beginning mid Jan/15. Netted out $6.04 for grain that SGS and CGC and every grain terminal were calling either Canada Feed or Salvage on account of fusarium. Px was mid thirteen to just over fifteen percent. Contract price was about $6.85 with a heavy discount(known at time of signing) for fusarium and peanuts for protein premium. Still happy with the net result considering what it was being called(only drawback was the fus) and the fact it all moved at once and got all my money at once and they called for it somewhat early before road bans and soft yards.

Comment

we sold quite a bit iof #1 in March for $6.50 -$6.70 plus 20-30 cents premium per point for px , but I don't call that a good price for the best hrsw you can grow ,when they are paying $5.50 for pig feed ????

Comment

Price it now you wizards - that's the point !!!
                          Yes we all sold some or all #2 or better wheat for better - but that is not the point all guys ...
                          It's fuki worth less than pig feed today !!!
                          I have been on this for 4 months - the line companies are fukin us hard / but nor wait Tom says no they are not ...

Comment

Feed grain prices Olymel is paying http://www.grain-prices.olymel.ca/

Comment

So, then why not sell it as pig feed for the higher price?
                              Do you have some kind of moral dilemma selling milling wheat for pig feed? Is this another one of tnhose "feeding the starving world" posts? At this time, if your price bids are accurate. I would say the pigs get the wheat this time and the people can find somethming else to eat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.