• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Service

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Internet Service

Anyone heard anything about Sask Tels High Sppeed Fusion system. I got a pamphlet in the mail. Called sask tel and got the whole spiel about how good it is and how i was in the area although no other service works here and believe me we tried them all.
    Pretty pricey for half the speed of sask tel Max in the city and of course the promise of only selling enough subscriptions so as not to overload the system. Where have i heard that before! Still couldnt get an answer if i could subscribe to netflix because service is limited to 50GB per month

We have it. Net flix would likely gobble up your 50 gigs. I heard afew movies would max you out. After that I think your throttled pretty bad. With "regular" use we don't even come close to using up 50. You define regular use.

Ask agchat about limits and prices compared to urban options.....

Comment

Please do not get me going on rural vs city rates. Blood pressure high enough this time of year already. Yes , High Speed Fushion is a very good and reliable internet service. It is actually based on a cellular setup, so you will actually have a cell number. Had some trouble late last summer with it till we discovered some asshole was using a booster in a oil camp in our area. Once he was shut down, all was fine. Has far as 50 gb cap goes, I would not worry about that. Unless things change, they throttle you back to 2mb download, which will still get you netflix, unless to many are streaming in the house. May be a little slow for some gaming at 2 mb also. Like farmaholic said for regular usage it is lots. Rumblings have it they may give you different speed options, which has been my argument with them. If they throttle you back to 2mb, then offer that service for those who are not into intense gaming or several users in a household, and just want basic email and internet. Time will tell on that I guess.

Comment

I may add that it is based on a cell service, but not shared with cell phones, so congestion is not a problem.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...