• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burning

So....

we have a half section of flax straw to burn along highway 16. Who do you phone in sask to get a burn permit? Anyone?

We just let our fire dept know in the area so they don't respond to citiots calling it in but not sure about a permit.

Comment

You phone the control burn number its 18664044911, you can also go to myrm.ca and find out more info.

Comment

I farm in 2 RMs. One uses the control burn number which I like. Good system.
        The other requires a permit which you have to get during working hours. Not as good a system.
        If conditions get right on the weekend or after hours you are SOL.

Comment

Make sure you phone it in because if there is a volunteer fire department call out you will pay for it. If you dont it goes on your property taxes.
          A three minute phone willsave you at least $300.

Comment

So I better phone rm of Viscount.

In MB you got a permit from the rm....

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

Just be aware of smoke obscuring traffic on highway, for safety, flax an be smoky. Always smoke I the air here.

Comment

Agree don't smoke out the highway

Comment

Maybe phone RM of Colonsay too.

Comment

RM of QuAppelle told me that everyone must call 310-5000. We paid quite a few fire penalties last year. you can't even light a mouse nest without guys phoning to report you. Some RM's would ignore, some send fire trucks so they can send you a bill for $1500.

Comment

I think it's idiots with an emergency onstar button. ****ed them idiots.

Comment

And some county mounties come along and revoke your permit while the fire is only half done.
                          Grateful I don't have to burn. It is a huge risk and pain. Everyone with a cell phone thinks their Smoky the Bear.

Comment

And some county mounties come along and revoke your permit while the fire is only half done.
                            Grateful I don't have to burn. It is a huge risk and pain. Everyone with a cell phone thinks their Smoky the Bear.

Comment

107.5 bolt fm tried explaining it yesterday why farmers burn grass and stubble some times. Cause there is people out there that do not know someone is watching and being responsible for it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...