• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crunchy grass ... Again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crunchy grass ... Again

I hope all the seed has good vigour ....

Wow Every morning for days now.

Comment

Ah weather in canada! Normal spring! Best seeding in 8 years hope it stays!

Comment

Forgot to put the garden hose away yesterday froze rock hard this morning. Ouch.

Comment

Can't get excited to put canola in the ground when the garden is still freezing.

Comment

Hope canola that's up doesn't look like the volunteer, mostly dead yesterday, should be finished today. What are soil temps at 2"?

Comment

Heard SNOW in Calgary, chance of rain 4 days Regina, is it raining now? Some on Radar.

Comment

Wadena got snow yesterday.

Soil in garden -0.2 at 5cm this am

Looked at a field of canola by lanigan yesterday I
                Sprouts froze under the ground... no coming back from that

Comment

I think the same thing going on with early seeded canola nw of here.

Comment

Its easy to figure out...don't seed until the soil is WARM enough. What is the sense of seeding into frost?

There are always neighbours who have to re-seed because they figure that they are smarter than Mother Nature.

Comment

Wizard at one time we thought no runoff. And early spring. is the way it is. Volunteers are a bit ****ed for sure. Klaus that cannot be a planted crop is it?

Comment

I type wilagro and it comes out wizard

Comment

I wondered where McAins got frozen peas?

Comment

I donno know. We're supposed to get frosty again Wed. Calgary woke up to snow this morning! I watch the native vegetation and the aspen and poplar have yet to leaf out. All other trees are leafed and or blooming. Wildflowers that normally bloom in April still haven't. Oh, and my dogwoods that usually leaf out fairly early are still dormant. Lots of crop two weeks in the ground and no sign of life. Reminds me of 2002 when about this time I swapped out my grease gun for the Unitol Arctic Grade. And did I mention how dry it is? If it doesn't rain over the long weekend I'm officially declaring a drought! Seed on SF3, you might be the lucky one this year.

Comment

Hopper it is... I'll text you whose.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...