• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samhill and who pays the tax bill

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samhill and who pays the tax bill

Here is a comment from a previous thread made by samhill. samhill Reply posted May 10, 2015 0:11
    Your in a dream world if you think the rich or highly paid pay their share of taxes.
    Never bought a bridge in my life.
    IP: Logged

I think sawfly and samhill should google how much the top 1% pay of the total tax bill and see the hundreds of links to just how much the top 1% to even the top 20% pay. Samhill will see how ridiculous his comment really is.

Well, sometimes I like to be educated. So I googled this sight to start, definitely have done an in depth study and won't b/c don't have time, (which is also money if you work for a living), wish you had supplied some links, but here goes:
    https://www.google.ca/search?q=tax paid by income level&client=safari&rls=en&tbm=isch&imgil=scVA8fB9 wcfBjM%253A%253B7bytIyh5BvZvEM%253Bhttp%25253A%252 52F%25252Fwww.nomoreclasswarfare.com%25252F&source =iu&pf=m&fir=scVA8fB9wcfBjM%253A%252C7bytIyh5BvZvE M%252C_&usg=__y8X_iuZnalXiviwkQfa5SkMEEwk%3D&biw=1 612&bih=860&ved=0CCkQyjc&ei=u4BPVaP8AdS2ogTq0IC4CQ #imgrc=4gvc9AuIIkIWNM%253A%3BmbMEnTQBikYiaM%3Bhttp %253A%252F%252Fdailysignal.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252Fspecial-distribution-of-taxes.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fdailysignal.com%252 F2012%252F07%252F12%252Fcbo-report-confirms-rich-already-pay-their-fair-share%252F%3B600%3B494.

So all these reports tell that top 20 pay more numerically and per cent age wise. However, there is no indication as to top income level or manner of income, i.e., wage earner, social assistance, OAS and CPP etc.
    No indication if earnings include gain in net worth from corporate shares, butterfly corps, overseas investment accounts, etc,etc.
    If you are minimum wage, your tax includes EI, sales tax, provincial and federal income tax, and likely no deferral for RSP's and other tax deferral methods. When you do your income tax, you receive tax credits, many of which are useless.
    It is generally recognized that the middle class pays most of the taxes and are under siege to maintain their life styles.
    These nice graphs show what the wealthy like to present, similar to, " if you allow the tax breaks for the upper class, the money trickles down to everyone."

Maybe they could also sell you a bridge.

I don't know all the tax breaks available b/c I don't need them, but I know that accountants and tax lawyers don't get rich by doing H&R tax returns.

Comment

vvalk, you usually have me saying right on to myself. This time I also agree, but would like to expand on the attitude that the upper 1% gained their riches and rode on the backs on the exploited workers. So we are going to blame these guys for having the intelligence and resources to create employment and a good standard of living for everyone (the free beer)and paying their share and their worker's share of taxes and infrastructure costs.(The progressive tax rate.) This is not to say there is not exploitation of the working class in many cases..... so the answer is to drive away or destroy the successful???

Comment

Think I might have posted this before, can't remember:

Tax his land,
        Tax his bed,
        Tax the table
        At which he's fed.

Tax his work,
        Tax his pay,
        He works for peanuts
        Anyway!

Tax his cow,
        Tax his goat,
        Tax his pants,
        Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco,
        Tax his drink,
        Tax him if he
        Tries to think.

Tax his car,
        Tax his gas,
        Find other ways
        To tax his ass.

Tax all he has
        Then let him know
        That you won't be done
        Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers;
        Then tax him some more,
        Tax him till
        He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin,
        Tax his grave,
        Tax the sod in
        Which he's laid.

When he's gone,
        Do not relax,
        Its time to apply
        The inheritance tax.

Accounts ReceivableTax
        Airline surcharge tax
        Airline FuelTax
        Airport MaintenanceTax
        Building PermitTax
        CigaretteTax
        Corporate IncomeTax
        DeathTax
        Dog LicenseTax
        Driving PermitTax
        EnvironmentalTax (Fee)
        Excise Taxes
        Federal Income Tax
        Federal Unemployment (UI)
        Fishing License Tax
        Food License Tax
        Gasoline Tax (too much per litre)
        Gross ReceiptsTax
        HealthTax
        Hunting LicenseTax
        HydroTax
        InheritanceTax
        InterestTax
        LiquorTax
        LuxuryTaxes
        Marriage LicenseTax
        MedicareTax
        MortgageTax
        Personal IncomeTax
        PropertyTax
        PovertyTax
        Prescription DrugTax
        Provincial Income and sales tax
        Real EstateTax
        Recreational VehicleTax
        Retail SalesTax
        Service ChargeTax
        SchoolTax
        Telephone FederalTax
        Telephone Federal, Provincial and Local Surcharge Taxes
        Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge Tax
        Vehicle License Registration Tax
        Vehicle Sales Tax
        WaterTax
        Watercraft RegistrationTax
        Well PermitTax
        Workers CompensationTax

THINK THIS IS FUNNY?
        Not one of these taxes existed 60 years ago, & our nation was one of the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had a large middle class, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.

What in "Hell" happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'

They missed land transfer tax.

So if on min'm wage you earn $24K and your take home is $14, 400, you still pay sales tax, enviro tax, rent (property tax), utilities which are then taxed, and have to have 20% down to buy a home.
        The items that you have to puchase have tax built into them to pay the taxes for people who produced those goods. Kinda like a multiplying progression that gets worse b/c services we need (police, fire,medical} need more income to pay more tax.
        Some avoid all this b/c their employer (maybe their own corporation) pays it and writes if off as a business expense. It goes on and on, I don't know it all, I know it exists.

Comment

My first reply should read "I haven't" done a in depth study.

Comment

The problem starts with the $24k fellow wanting what the $50k worker has, and on it goes. Perfectly human.

Comment

In Alberta you earn 17000 before an tax is applied and it is 10% after that federal I assume is about 26% after the first 9000. Roughly 4600 dollars payed or about a 19% tax rate. Top income earners tax rate varies by province between 46 and 50%. Now I am just a lowly farmer so my numbers might not be dead on but I think the wealthy pay enough. All you have proven to me samhill is that we are all taxed to much and we need less not more government!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...