• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farmland values Canada 14% Sk 18.7%

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Land values in our area are higher than ever. Below average yields other than 2013 for the last 7 years due to excess moisture. I believed they be at least levelling off by now but doesn't seem to be the case yet.

Comment

They are still going up here too.

They are highest before a crash.

Get scared when everyone gets complacent.

Comment

When neighbours that are selling start telling you it has to go up higher so we're waiting and real estate agents are saying the same a correction is months away! By fall could be interesting I'm still projecting 2 years from now it will be time to buy again! 1st cheap land hit second hit trying for three before I become part of the dirt!
        Tweety for you slow guys that's die!

Comment

Wonder why farmland prices are much different from stock markets where timing the market is often seen as impossible.
          Better to buy over a period of time and in amounts that are manageable.

Comment

Sask Farmer3..So the truth comes out. It is not about investors and increase in land prices for new young farmers.It is about wanting to buy up land cheap to increase his personnel wealth.Most of the people complaining about the price of land are just POed they did mot buy themselves and now want the government to fix their problem. As long as Sasatchewan's poulation continues to grow land will not go down in price very far. People bring Money and Money brings People.

Comment

Rockpile in my opinion its time we got some good potatoes in the stores. Garden out shines those potatoes by a long shot. Is the govt paying them ass hole to grow shit potatoes Rockpile?

Comment

Klause there is quite a variety of land here. And also in areas only miles apart in how they di over the few years. I would be surprised if its overall up.

Comment

Hopperbin - the Government doesn't pay these guys anything and I don't recall them ever asking for anything. Furthermore, they own, operate and manage their own irrigation systems. I doubt you've ever bought table potatoes from South Alberta because their production goes either to Fritto-Lays or MaCains who both have massive processing plants on the #3 highway and end up either as chips or processed potatoes (ie: frozen fries, etc.) supplying much of the North American market. The table potatoes here come from Idaho, PEI and elsewhere, and I agree they are crap. But don't slag a success story you don't seem to know much about.

Comment

So your saying if I want to buy a good baking potato its goi g to be sold for immediate processessing for potato chips? Ok I can see you could be right. I will go hard and plant my garden with early and late. **** the potato growers ****ing shit.

Comment

40 years of consistent up, and yet people still say a crash. Well, it could happen.

Comment

40 years of consistent up, and yet people still say a crash. Well, it could happen.

Comment

Tweety. Wherever you are at, you missed a whole lot of crashing and decreasing land values. In the 1970's land was worth 100 a quarter. Then it CRASHED. Down to 20 and 30 and 40-60 a quarter for YEARS. Finally, around 2010, it got back to where it was in the 1970's. It simply does not go up everywhere, forever.

Certain places, sure. But certain areas it will ebb and flow. I certainly wouldn't bank on it going up in value here for 40 years, given what has happened in the past...

Comment

Tweety, not a crash but a correction or adjustment. I like what land prices have done. At most, I only paid about a third of todays current local values. Bought last stuff about 10 years ago....
                            Only regret is I didn't buy more. I don't know if I would feel comfortable saying I wish I bought more at today's prices in the short term future. Time will tell. To me it still needs to make some economic sense and its hard to pencil these current prices.
                            Old money, foreign money, Colony money, investor money might make more sense of it than Farmer Joe money who needs to pay for it through operational profits. Establishment level and farm size, lots of factors determining the price of dirt. But I do kinda feel sorry for the new young guys.

Comment

One dollar ten dollar thousand dollar I'll pay any man here a billion dollars an acre in the currency of my choosing. What is it in intself?

Comment

freewheat, land is an investment and it has, on average gone up over time. Yes there are bumps, but the average is straight line of 7% over time (since '64)

So if you bought land twenty years you have made money. If you bought it yesterday, 20 years from now you wished you bought more because it will most probably go up.

You can't focus on short term losses in a long term investment. It may 'crash', but it'll come back and more.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...
                                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.