• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you use the Internet?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you use the Internet?

I was asked by one of the commodity groups how the Internet has changed the way farmers run their business? I can cite many examples of this occurrence. In one feedlot in Texas, the Internet is being used to exchange data between value chains of cow/calf operator to feedlot operator. Through the Internet (actually Intranet) the cow/calf guy who is being custom fed for can go in a review the rate of gains, the health performance and even view photos of their animals just prior to shipping to the packers. Many Internet sites allow grain producers to be the sellers of their product. This is very empowering as it places buyers and sellers together. The Internet creates a new medium for low cost promotion of diversified products or agri-tourism. From bed and breakfast to big game hunting, farms and ranches across North America are tapping into the Internet for a whole new market. I would like to understand how the Internet has changed the processes behind your business? What has the timeliness of information meant? What has the ability to collaborate with other like minded farmers meant? What has the wealth of information available on the Internet about almost any topic area done? What has the accessibility of suppliers via the web meant to the way you shop for goods? Let's start here. I and the rest of the Agri-ville members would like to know how you are using this thing we call the Internet to get more value out of it for our farm or ranch. Respectfully, Jory Lamb
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.