• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Idiot neighbour puts cattle on pasture April 6

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idiot neighbour puts cattle on pasture April 6

East-central Alberta. Isn't this a bit early? Two years ago he put them out on April 25th. Grass never did recover to its potential.

Why are people so dumb?

Depends on the situation. We got our cows off feed and onto pasture April 9th, west central Alberta. They are grazing grass that was grown from late June through to freeze up last year and "banked" for use at this time. Perfectly workable system and adequate feed supply if you know how to manage it. Moved daily and back fenced to protect the regrowth you aren't overgrazing.

Turning cattle out now on pasture that will be set stocked all season and was likely overgrazed last year is a different matter.

Comment

There are a lot more idiots out there keeping cows locked in muddy and shitty corrals... how is that for animal health and welfare

Comment

An idiot with a plan is better off than a genius without one!!

Comment

This just made me laugh! We've seen plenty of that going on down here a little south of you wilagro. No banked grass situation or muddy corrals. Forget grass management, I call it calendar management...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.