• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blinded by pride.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blinded by pride.

The captain of a ship on a dark night saw faint lights in the distance. He told his signalman to send the message: "Change course 10 degrees south". Immediately he received the response: "Change your direction 10 degress north."

The proud captain was angry that he was being challenged, so he sent a futher message "Change your course 10 degrees south. This is the captain speaking!"

He received the response "Change your direction 10 degrees north. I'm seaman Third Class Jones."

The captain, thinking he would terrify this insubordinate sailor, wired a third message. "Change your direction 10 degrees south. I am a battleship."

The final reply came. "Change your course 10 degrees north. I am a lighthouse.

Sometimes our pride gets in the way of allowing God to help us.

It's not sometimes that pride gets in the way it's all the time. But I know what you mean. Probalby the hardest fatel flaw of mankind is pride. It's amazing when we have the opportunity to let the King of Kings and Lord of Lords take us by the hand daily we still want to be independent.

Comment

4sure - interesting comments from a person who had chosen the name you have! Would you go on and tell us some of your own thoughts about dealing with this business of pride getting in the way?

Comment

Looks like 4sure's doen some thinken.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.