• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

are cattle prices to high ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

are cattle prices to high ????

yes and only in north amerika we have these cattle prices.
    happened to be our grandson one year ago bought bred hfrs at 1450 dollars .
    yes I told him to high that time ! sold the calves 1480 dollars clear gross net 30 $
    had them at custom one year $360 calving pasture dry lot
    pre sold the cows for dec 15 deliv $ 2975 other cost dead loss
    vett [one c section] bonus $25 /cow to custum care taking interest , open cows , bull cost trucking $210
    so take $595 from 2975 dollar $2350
    clear more or less! not bad he !
    hope I did not fotget any ! grandpa said to mutch again boy !!!!
    pay off some debts and taxes
    go back in when the market comes back .
    so as a old time cattle man what do we know .
    have a nice christmass all

Thanks agboy.
    Love the title of your post.
    Send this information to ABP and CCA and get them to work with our government to stop this shit before it gets even more out of hand. LOL
    Or enjoy yourself and your win fall.

Comment

I can't count how many things that could never happen that actually did happen since 2003. Too bad they were bad things as well as good. Predictions are pretty much impossible any more.

Your advice to pay down debt is the big one imho. The ones left standing now were likely the same ones who had a handle on their debt when BSE hit. We've all been burned, and I think those who stay in the game would do well to remember it. Prepare for the worst. Hope for the best.

And don't ever let any one make you feel guilty because beef costs more. Lol

Comment

We had a neighbor come over after he had sold his calves claiming that he was embarrassed and ashamed about the size of his cheque.

All we could say, is give your head a shake!

Comment

But you gotta like they guy who backs into the camping spot beside you with his 3500 Diesel Ram and thirty what-ever foot camper trailer with multiple pull outs and the boat he had to unhook before he backed in and later that night complains about the price of beef steaks as he's barbecuing....

Enjoy the good times, you guys more than deserve it for sticking it out....

Take Care.

Comment

And in our case we can't get any sleep in our tent because of his air conditioner. Ha ha ha

Comment

Was it a slaughter house owner that pulled in beside you?

Comment

Sold some older bred cows today in a private deal. Charged $1115 more per head for them than I bought them for 6 calves ago! The buyer was still getting a good deal compared to some of the auction prices quoted. I guess that's "cattle price inflation"

Comment

I don't understand how one can feel guilty about selling their product. If one feels guilty enough they could refuse to sell them. But when you sell something, at ANY price, it means that someone wants your product. If the potential buyer thinks that the price is too high, they will tell you by NOT buying your product. It's really that simple.

Besides, it's actually all relative. To make an analogy, my dad told me before I purchased my vehicles years ago that the only figure you need to be concerned about is the "boot" or difference between the price of your used vehicle that you're selling and the price of the new one to replace the used one. You don't use the price of what you paid for your used vehicle, because that's not relative anymore. Funny how that line of thinking doesn't transfer over to the Ag world.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.