• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB terminals moving lots of grain

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB terminals moving lots of grain

Our local terminal 4 miles from our farm got purchased by the CWB.

They are sure moving lots of grain since they took over. They have handled over 140,000 tonnes since August 1st. Some years out terminal did not handle that much grain all year. Last year was a good year and they handled 160,000 tonned all year.

They have been getting 112 car trains almost every week it looks like and looks like they will be getting 112 cars most weeks going forward.

I should edit my posts before I post them. My fingers too big again and phone too small.

Comment

Great news that CWB is adding competition.

Hopefully when they form a partnership or whoever that they keep moving grain at a good rate.

Comment

Awesome, Any good wheat prices? Local terminal going up very fast here. Hopefully the loop track makes sense.

Comment

They had a $12.50 price for #2 durum for a long time.

Comment

Glad to hear that CWB is working out. WIT was bought by P&H and they.have managed to turn over 80% of the staff and gut everything that made it the top delivery point in the area.

Comment

Wow 80 percent turnover that cant be good. I think P and H is going through some growing pains right now.

Comment

WIT is no longer a shareholder company anymore, it's for the P&H family to worry about now. Good thing there are two alternatives just a few miles away if you don't like dealing at the old WIT facility anymore.

Would have been interesting to see how it would have been managed if the "new" CWB had bought it.

Comment

Its always amazed me how every person judges one particular thing different. For instance, mbratrud just posted how he felt the old WIT, has been gutted to I am taking he feels a real downturn, yet just the other day my neighbor said he would be hauling some wheat there for the first time since WIT opened. He has hauled canola there before. Said best deal of all on his wheat. Will he be in for disappointment?

Comment

I am always amazed how companies earn reputation with a dedicated staff get sold and a staff turnover occurs. It seems they turnover their customers as well.

It doesn't hurt their bottom line because they handle the same volume but it turns the customer base into a state of flux.

Very annoying to hear.

Comment

You are right AgChat, there are going to be differences of opinion. There are going to be different perspectives. We do have choice here which is great. Believe me I feel fortunate to have competition. But it is what it is, handling and market share down significantly and many key staff have handed in resignation's over the past 6 months. Yes people are replaceable.

In My probably jaded biased towards what was opinion. The place is trending down. P&H will probably turn it around once it is fully assimilated but it will NEVER do the same numbers it did as an independent. The words Profitably Through Service Innovation and Integrity have been scorched from the soul of the organization. Of course numbers I mean volume not profit. I'm sure they are sucking every penny they can out of the Farming community in SE Sask and have probably already paid for the place, and good on them it's their investment they are entitled to reap the rewards.

End Rant. For me it's personal, I call many of the people that worked there friends, as well as worked there myself in a period when it was thriving. So I fully acknowledge that I may lack objectivity.

Comment

When our local Terminal got purchased by the CWB the staff all stayed. Only the CEO changed and they brought more staff in and they will be hiring more staff the way it looks.
                        There is some help from the CWB office in Winnipeg as we'll.
                        They have extended the operating hours of the terminal. Trucks from all over coming to deliver here.

Comment

Good to hear jagfarms.

Maybe when moose jaw is operational it will do the same. I have heard they have pulled some key people from other companies.

Comment

Is WIT new employees coming with experience? They had a good record for hitting shipping target grades which tells me they should have been good on purchasing too.

Comment

It was much easier for WIT when the CWB paid for inventory immediately and they were paid to store grain. In the rest of the grain buying world, it never was that easy. Some of WIT's near past decisions were questionable at best. Sometimes when you buy a company and the staff is underperforming, better to replace it or you may have to cry over red ink.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...