• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Broadacre and Wigmore

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadacre and Wigmore

What happened to these large, professionally run organizations?I can't find out who are the players in these corporate entities only the list of creditors. It would be nice to know so a farmer doesn't possibly get caught in the middle. Just asking.

"What happened to these large, professionally run organizations?".....

....too many "professionals"!!

Comment

I think it's fascinating. I would like to know how these companies unravel and the players involved.
      Most farmers I know are primarily concerned with paying creditors and keeping their operations in reasonable shape so they can continue to farm. Something like this broad acre hits the speaking circuit describing the the answers to risk management and big production and management ability. I used to leave those presentations with a thousand questions in my head and a sense if incompetence .
      SF3 has the best term, these companies become the "darlings" of the industry. Then, the 46 MILLION dollar letter to creditors never reaches the media.

Comment

Good post hobby - it pisses me off reading our farm mags that wax on and on and on about Joe Big Acres who is going to show us HOW. And exactly what you said- in the back page in small print it mentions a bankruptcy-

Comment

Interesting to follow various managers in these various companies and see where they are/go. Next victims?

Comment

Heard their problems started when investors lost confidence and the ones that could called loans. durum that didn't make grade part of that. Don't plan on selling land at this time. That tells me he will be looking for new putzs, sorry I mean investors, to start over.

Comment

As I understand it it wasn't the investers it was
              The Scotia Bank, a secured creditor who sued.
              They have filed for creditor protection which may
              mean they may not have a lot of choice what gets sold etc

Comment

Here is an AV exchange from April 2012.
                SF3, this time take out your cheque book!

https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1333372892

Comment

Is it a deep secret who the managers, investors...are? Making the names public would give people a heads up in future investments.

Comment

Are all the creditors listed in this Notice to Creditors?

Comment

Yes should be but numbered companies don't show names.

Comment

Yes, hobby. I remember when Ruud and Pike put on workshops for Alberta Ag. Ruud went to MNP and I saw him there. Pike started his own, and I saw him too.
                        Teach your younger ones that yes, education and numbers are good. But teach them to get to the truth on their own and sooner. Teach them to build. Those two did well for themselves and left nothing but ashes.
                        Maybe the next generation wont have to listen to so much noise. And see themselves in a better light sooner as well.

Comment

These guys just tightened the rules for the rest of us that take a more sensible approach. Too bad for guys that grow at the lower part of the cycles instead of the clowns coming in at the highs.

Comment

It just proves how difficult farming really is when what is expected to be the smart money fails and those of us less glamorous folk who survive and thrive in the real trenches of business should take a little bow.

Let me pat your back, and ours too.

Way to go.. keep going.

Comment

Bankruptcies and stories should be on the back page, and much to be learned by them.

There is enough negativity in and around, with agriculture. The positive and good stories must be pushed forward - it is so easy to be negative, to knock those who take risk with new ventures ... and much more difficult to build them, and sustain.

It is disappointing Scotia Bank, heard similar with Mustard Capital?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...