• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AB339VTH7

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AB339VTH7

Happy November agrivillers! Its too early to hibernate yet.

I hauled a few cattle to market today and didn't have my premises ID handy for the manifest and it was accepted without. But it got me to thinking of what kind of ??? game the government is playing with cattle people. My ranch has a physical road address and the home 1/4 section is identified in the finest agricultural land survey grid in the world. My location is very well documented but they don't want that information. Instead they want me to give them back the meaningless PID number that they gave me! I say meaningless because it has no apparent connection with any physical landmarks and it can be used from different locations. Why don't they just keep it and say "oh yes these cattle are from Mr. ABC and we gave him PID# XYZ."? But I guess that wouldn't give them confirmation of our compliant attitude. It is a weird circular game that these traceability regulators are drawing us into with very little relevance to the real world IMO.

Anyway for anyone that cares I did find my PID. It is at the top of this post. I guess if anybody else wants to use it there is nothing I can do.

Honest I don't live under a rock but what is premisis ID. I have not heard of this before

Comment

Congrats SF3. Was tough year. Can u give us a weekly rant. Would keep us in loop of whose pissing you off or ripping you off. All in good fun here. Enjoy your posts.

Comment

Nice work.

Agree with Prairie Dude, keep the odd Friday Report going.

Comment

That is a marathon. Must feel good to be done. Take deep breath and rest easy for a while. Take care.

Comment

Allis. My location is Ab but I think the PID program goes Canada wide. It is an attempt to track the location of cattle through their owners locations except that the owners ID is apparently not sufficient.

Comment

Allis. My location is Ab but I think the PID program goes Canada wide. It is an attempt to track the location of cattle through their owners locations except that the owners ID is apparently not sufficient.

Comment

Never have put in premise ID and never have had an issue........
                (Don't age verify either, although with purebred, I can look up anyways...)

Comment

Thought nothing odd. Consistent wed Report. Them last oatsmust be 30. Klause can get 5 bucks for them so all is good.

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to get finished. Keep up the reporting always very interesting.

Comment

Happy to hear you're done SK3, and kept safe and sane doing it.

Yes, keep posting on the latest shitstorm. It makes my shitstorms seem less . . . dark?

Comment

Thats the thing perfeco, there is no enforcement of the PID numbers so why worry about it? I've never used it either for cattle.

I did have to use it recently on some hogs I was getting butchered. The inspector at the plant was insisting that they come in with an Alberta Pork manifest rather than a regular manifest and that required the PID number. I suspect it's Alberta Pork forcing this issue rather than CFIA - trying to squeeze out us small guys with a few healthy, happy outdoor hogs.

Comment

In Ontario, the government tied the need for a PID to both the the wildlife kill compensation program, as well as any program brought through the Growing Forward policy agenda. Will pretty much drag every producer into getting a PID. For all intensive purposes, it is completely useless.

Comment

Re 15444 " it is completely useless" That is the point of this post. What is wrong with a land location? It is meaningful to everyone.

Comment

HT, it means nothing other than to those that created it. Unlike the Dominion survey system.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...