• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nine years ago this spring

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nine years ago this spring

http://www.producer.com/2006/03/auction-billed-as-largest-in-sask-history/

Interesting. 28, 000 per quarter. What is the land worth today?

Comment

probably 150,000 per quarter

Comment

Them big bins went cheap. But worth more to move them. Did they stay or move? I remember them advertised in the producer. Buyer probably got ****ed.

Comment

75, 000 bushel bins

Comment

I am not sure did not attend the sale but i did watch some on the internet. I think land in that area was renting for taxes at the time of the sale. You probably could have rented land for 500 bucks a quarter in that area.

Comment

I think your correct. What is worth today and who is farming it?

Comment

12,800 acres for $2.2 million, a 1000 acres went for $1.7 million last year, 5 miles away. If they are still alive, hope he invested well, like Apple stock.
                Things can sure change in a few years.

Comment

yep, I am probably low on the 150,000 per quarter unless grain prices stay low for awhile.

Comment

Still the S. Alberta cowboys/feedlot operators running yearlings on it?

Comment

I remember thinking that putting 83 quarters of land on the market at one time and another 100 quarters looking for new tenants or owners couldn't be good for the local land values and the results verified those thoughts, even nine years ago that was both some cheap and reasonably priced land.

Comment

CPP and some private pension funds missed the boat here AND came to the party late. Oh well, when it's not "your" money it doesn't matter so much!!

Comment

Just talked to aguy from near waka...sold his farmfor 1.5 the going rate.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...